Wednesday, 16 May 2012 13:21
Scattered rain showers and thunderstorms are expected in Mindanao, but a generally good weather is forecast in Luzon, including Metro Manila, on Tuesday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said.
Fernando Cada, weather forecaster, said the weather started to improve after the low pressure area (LPA) earlier spotted west of Luzon weakened and is now outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility.
Cada added, however, that an inter-tropical convergence zone (ITCZ) is still affecting Mindanao.
In its advisory, PAGASA said Mindanao will experience mostly cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms.
The rest of the country will have partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers and thunderstorms, mostly in the afternoon or evening, it added.
Light to moderate winds from the southeast to south will prevail throughout the archipelago, making coastal waters slight to moderate.
The country has been experiencing rains the past few weeks, but PAGASA cannot say when the rainy season has started until "habagat" (southwest monsoon) sets in.
The weather agency said they are waiting for the winds to shift from the present southeasterly to southwesterly.
Winds from the west are starting to come in as the country continues to transit from the dry season to the rainy season, Cada said.
He said they expect the southwest winds to be fully in place by June.
"At present, we are in transition. The winds from the west are starting to come in," Cada said.
Meanwhile, the temperature in Metro Manila is forecast to be 25-34 degrees Celsius on Tuesday.
- 19/05/2012 12:36 - What is Uncle Sam’s Asia-Pacific strategy?
- 17/05/2012 11:43 - Pacquiao's success foiling Filipino hopes
- 16/05/2012 13:23 - Cultural Icons Exhibit Opens in WMSU
- 16/05/2012 13:22 - CEB named 15th largest LCC in world
- 16/05/2012 13:22 - House leader stresses need to prepare educators for K-12
- 16/05/2012 13:18 - Study on whether to privatize Agus-Pulangui or not is ongoing -- President Aquino
- 15/05/2012 14:40 - “Zamboanga Business Leaders take a LEAP into Business Version 2.0"
- 15/05/2012 11:37 - Chartered flights from China affected by suspension of tour packages to the PHL
- 15/05/2012 11:36 - Malacanang calls on Filipinos to keep surroundings clean to prevent spread of dengue
- 15/05/2012 11:36 - PAMANA steps up dev’t in MNLF communities