Wednesday, 30 May 2012 11:09
More programs to reach out to the Filipino community in Malaysia will be carried out by the Philippine embassy here in order to provide better services to them, said ambassador J. Eduado Malaya.
He said the embassy had started on the consular mobile teams since January to reach out and connect with the community in Sabah, especially those who work in the plantation and construction sector.
The mobile teams would, among others, provide assistance for travel and identity documentation for its community.
"The mobile service has been able to yield good results so far, as we realize it is also difficult for a lot of them to come to Kuala Lumpur for documentation purposes," he told Bernama after a visit by Philippine Vice-President Jejomar C. Binay to the embassy here.
Binay, who is on a three-day working visit to Malaysia, also inaugurated the newly-renovated embassy building and met with some 200 members of the Filipino community in Kuala Lumpur.
Malaya said they had received good cooperation from Malaysia's Home Ministry and the Sabah government.
He said the embassy recently successfully united some 22 Filipino organizations all over Malaysia under one umbrella body, the Federation of Filipino Associations in Malaysia.
- 01/06/2012 11:55 - A New Beginning – Emmaus Lay Formation Center in Zamboanga City
- 01/06/2012 11:55 - Senate approves Witness Confidentiality Act, two other bills
- 01/06/2012 11:54 - Sun Cellular encourages subscribers to switch to paperless billing
- 31/05/2012 12:44 - Kids suffer long-term from parents' smoking: study
- 31/05/2012 12:43 - Paje hails ruling on Philippine Eagle killing
- 30/05/2012 11:09 - Plebiscite may decide fate of final peace pact, MILF says
- 30/05/2012 11:08 - DOLE 12 eyes declaration of South Cotabato mining village as child labor-free
- 30/05/2012 11:07 - New potential cyclone spotted in Mindanao –PAGASA
- 30/05/2012 11:06 - Going Back to School is more fun with Sun Cellular!
- 29/05/2012 11:29 - Palace says Sonia Brady top choice as ambassador to China