Saturday, 02 June 2012 11:03
Saying that theAquino administration is serious in weeding out grafters and corrupt officialsfrom government, Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr. on Wednesday askedcivil servants to shun this practice that has plagued the bureaucracy and helprebuild the moral foundation in public service.
At the2011 Gawad CES Awards and the mass oath-taking of newly appointed andpromoted career executive service officers (CESOs) in Malacanang, Ochoa saidpublic servants could become agents of change and contribute in putting an end to irregularities in government.
“Don’t allow yourselvesto become participants in any of the wrongdoings you see in government. Itwould be a big help in our campaign against graft and corruption,” Ochoa said.
Ochoa explained that the events at the recently-concluded impeachment trial that led to the convictionof Chief Justice Renato Corona for betrayal of public trust and culpableviolation of the Constitution should open the eyes of the public and civilservants that the reforms being undertaken by the administration were beyondpersonalities.
“From the start, weare very much aware of the problems that we’re confronting. Graft andcorruption is on top of the list and this our best chance, under thisadministration, to really institute reforms needed to fight graft and corruption,” the Executive secretary said.
Ochoa said he wasoptimistic that the administration would be able to lay down a strong moralfoundation in public service and would be able to curb graft and corruption bythe end of President Benigno S. Aquino III’s term in 2016.
“This administration is serious and committed in its campaign to fight graft andcorruption,” Ochoa said. “And I think, if we believe in that, we cannot gowrong and together we can push forward and move on.”
- 04/06/2012 13:23 - Filipino community, UK consular office partner in promoting PHL culture to the world
- 04/06/2012 13:18 - S&P says Phl economy a 'rare bright spot'
- 04/06/2012 13:10 - Japan PM to reshuffle cabinet on Monday
- 04/06/2012 12:54 - PHL to benefit from UK investment boom, says Ambassador Manalo
- 04/06/2012 12:53 - Filipinos rescued, hundreds more stranded by storm
- 02/06/2012 11:03 - Developer offers a niche for Filipino retirees in US
- 02/06/2012 11:02 - Aquino makes Oval Visit with Obama next week
- 02/06/2012 11:01 - Say WOW to SUN BlackBerry!
- 02/06/2012 11:00 - Vitamin A, iron distribution to highlight micro-nutrients
- 01/06/2012 11:57 - Business groups call impeachment a triumph of democracy