Tuesday, 05 June 2012 12:27
The Department of Science and Technology Regional Office No. IX (DOST IX) is now accepting applications from all qualified graduating elementary students who wish to study in the DOST - Philippine Science High School (DOST-PSHS) system. Deadline for the filing of application is on July 13, 2012.
The PSHS is an academic institution under the Department of Science and Technology.
It is the first science high school in the Philippines which rears students to become scientists and technologists in the future. It has a curriculum designed to prepare the scholars for careers in S&T.
Qualifiers shall be selected on the basis of their performance in the National Competitive Exam (NCE) to be administered on September 29, 2012. Any grade 6 or 7 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education, who meets the following criteria, is eligible to apply for the PSHS NCE:
1. Belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2012-2013) and does not have a grade below 80 as certified by the School Principal. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have a special aptitude in science and math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85 in Science and Math and 80 in all other subjects;
2. Be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
3. Be born on or after June 1, 1998;
4. Be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
5. Be of good conduct and behavior; and
6. Has not previously taken the PSHS NCE.
Among the privileges that PSHS scholars will be receiving are free tuition fee, free loan of textbooks, and monthly stipend. Uniform, transportation and living allowances are also provided according to the scholar’s financial need.
Application forms are available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS Campuses, DOST Regional Offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Centers, or download them from the PSHS website, www.pshs.edu.ph.
For more information visit or call the DOST IX office at Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City with telephone numbers (062) 991-1024 and look for Ms. Josephine B. Nohay.
by: DOST-IX Press Release
- 12/06/2012 19:25 - 400 NAIA Customs employees demand overtime pay from airline companies
- 07/06/2012 10:43 - Senate to vote on RH Bill in August
- 06/06/2012 12:02 - 7 things women do that drive men mad
- 06/06/2012 12:00 - Corona Clears His Desk
- 06/06/2012 11:59 - Nonong Jalosjos knows himself and political opponents
- 04/06/2012 13:25 - British Queen cites Philippine official
- 04/06/2012 13:23 - Filipino community, UK consular office partner in promoting PHL culture to the world
- 04/06/2012 13:18 - S&P says Phl economy a 'rare bright spot'
- 04/06/2012 13:10 - Japan PM to reshuffle cabinet on Monday
- 04/06/2012 12:54 - PHL to benefit from UK investment boom, says Ambassador Manalo