Wednesday, 06 June 2012 11:59
Nonong Jalojos who is running for Mayor of Zamboanga City is like a military commander who knows his capability and that of his enemy before he will engage them in combat.
Dozens of soldiers including young officers were killed in Basilan and Sulu and other combat areas because of tactical blunder brought about by the dismal failure of commanders to make an accurate estimate of the enemy situation in terms of firepower, enemy forces and knowledge of the terrain.
More often than not what they know is only their own capability but not that of the enemy except commanders with sufficient combat experiences.
In politics similar procedures have to be applied. Knowing yourself and the enemy is mandatory before going to war and this centuries old strategy will never become obsolete.
It has been emphasized by commanders since the ancient times that if you know yourself but not the enemy in every battle you will suffer defeat. On the other hand if you know your enemy but not yourself every victory will mean defeat and if you neither know yourself nor your enemy you are foolish and stupid if you go to war.
We only hope that the probable political opponents of Nonong Jalosjos for the 2013 election will not be stupid because Nonong knows himself and his opponents.
By: Rex Miravite
- 12/06/2012 19:26 - Study digs into secrets of keeping HIV in check
- 12/06/2012 19:25 - 400 NAIA Customs employees demand overtime pay from airline companies
- 07/06/2012 10:43 - Senate to vote on RH Bill in August
- 06/06/2012 12:02 - 7 things women do that drive men mad
- 06/06/2012 12:00 - Corona Clears His Desk
- 05/06/2012 12:27 - DOST accepts applications for the PSHS Scholarship
- 04/06/2012 13:25 - British Queen cites Philippine official
- 04/06/2012 13:23 - Filipino community, UK consular office partner in promoting PHL culture to the world
- 04/06/2012 13:18 - S&P says Phl economy a 'rare bright spot'
- 04/06/2012 13:10 - Japan PM to reshuffle cabinet on Monday