Tuesday, 12 June 2012 19:27
Learn about the latest scientific and technological breakthroughs that could impact our lives in the upcoming National Science and Technology Week to be held on July 10-14, 2012 at the SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia.
Spearheaded by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), the event revolves around the theme “Science, Technology and Innovation: Working Together for Growth and Development.”
The celebration will kick off on the July 10 with opening of exhibit of the latest products and technologies on information and communications technology, agriculture, electronics, renewable energy, energy-saving devices and food processing among others. Exhibitors will include inventors, beneficiaries of DOST programs, government and academic institutions.
High Impact Technology Solutions developed by DOST will be featured in a Technology and Industry Forum to be held on July 11-12. Among the technologies to be presented are on disaster mitigation; health and food processing; information and communication technology for delivery of government and social services; nanotechnology; genomics; and biotechnology. These technologies will provide long term solutions to pressing national problems and contribute to socio-economic development.
Another highlight of the event is the awarding of outstanding researchers, inventors and young scientists to be conferred by National Academy of Science and Technology, DOST advisory council.
Other events lined up for the Science and Technology Week are the National Invention Contest, product invention demo, scientific forum, and interactive activities.
The National Science and Technology Week is an annual celebration that highlights the significant contributions of science and technology to national development. It has become a platform for heralding science and technology advocacy in the country. It began as Philippine National Science Week in the 1950s and was instituted in 1982.
For more information please log on to http://nstw.dost.gov.ph/ or contact the secretariat c/o DOST Planning and Evaluation Service at 8372932 or 8373165.
by: Luisa S. Lumioan
- 13/06/2012 13:30 - Aquino urges rekindling of love for country, pledges to uphold the Constitution, defend it from abuse
- 13/06/2012 13:30 - Vice President Binay leads 2012 Independence Day rites at Rizal Park
- 13/06/2012 13:06 - President Aquino reaffirms commitment to work for the good of the country
- 13/06/2012 13:06 - RBAP elated over removal of restrictions on bank branching
- 13/06/2012 13:05 - US students survive nine days in New Zealand bush
- 12/06/2012 19:26 - Despite loss, hero’s welcome awaits Pacquiao in GenSan
- 12/06/2012 19:26 - Study digs into secrets of keeping HIV in check
- 12/06/2012 19:25 - 400 NAIA Customs employees demand overtime pay from airline companies
- 07/06/2012 10:43 - Senate to vote on RH Bill in August
- 06/06/2012 12:02 - 7 things women do that drive men mad