Friday, 15 June 2012 11:05
As part of the social entrepreneurship program of the Department of Labor andEmployment (DOLE) in Zamboanga Peninsula Region, the 1st DOLE 9Intermediaries Council Summit was conducted on June 6-7 at the Zamboanga Economic Zone and Freeport Authority in Zamboanga City.
In attendance were around 150 participantsrepresenting the Public Employment Service Offices, Guidance CounselorsNetworks, Family Welfare Committees, Occupational Safety and Health Network,Tripartite Industrial Peace Councils, Industry Tripartite Councils, UnionOfficers Club, ZamPen Productivity and Competitiveness Council, Association ofZamboanga City Recruitment Agencies, and DOLE-9.
In her message , DOLE Undersecretary LourdesMelicor-Trasmonte said that “the creation of the DOLE-9 Intermediaries Councilis a testament to the DOLE’s commitment to promote public-private partnershipas part of the Citizen’s Charter and the mandate of the Efficiency andIntegrity Board.”
“This is aligned with the objectives of the22-point Labor and Employment Reform Agenda of the Aquino administrationfocused on Employment Facilitation, Labor Relations, Workers Welfare and SocialProtection, and Governance on Internal Affairs,” she added.
DOLE-9 Regional Director Sisinio B. Canostressed that the event involved learning sessions on Public-PrivatePartnership Plus and Public Administration and Management, review andratification of the council’s terms of reference (TOR), health and wellnessprogram, and team building activities.
Further, the summit featured the signing of theVoluntary Code in the Construction Industry, signing of a Memorandum ofAgreement between the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and DOLE on careeradvocacy and coaching, and the awarding of certificates of accreditation to thesafety practitioners.
- 19/06/2012 14:28 - Rizal’s cravings for sumptuous food tell that he’s human after all
- 19/06/2012 14:27 - Eight schools recipients of SRPI donations
- 19/06/2012 14:26 - June 25 is 'Day of the Seafarers'
- 19/06/2012 14:24 - Reach anyone,anywhere, right here, right now with Sun Cellular
- 18/06/2012 13:08 - Male infertility: boxers vs. briefs stirs up hot debate
- 14/06/2012 11:16 - Alcatraz marks 50th anniversary of fabled escape
- 14/06/2012 11:16 - Sen. Chiz asks Mindanaons to nominate candidates for CJ post
- 14/06/2012 11:14 - 22 Maguindanao villages flooded
- 14/06/2012 11:12 - Two dead, 5 missing in Sarangani floods, storm surge
- 14/06/2012 11:10 - Sun Cellular widens network reach in Bohol