Tuesday, 19 June 2012 14:27
The San Ramon Power, Inc. (SRPI) distributed last June 5 gallons of paint and trash cans to the Talisayan Elementary School dubbed as: “Munting Tulong at Gamit sa Eskwela.”
Engr. Archimedes Donato, acting general manager of SRPI, said the donation of paint and trash cans is part of the company’s social responsibility and community relations program to help improve the conditions of the school.
Also, SRPI donated 1,500 school bags, school supplies and materials in eight various elementary schools in the west coast that benefitted 2,068 pupils.
The recipient elementary schools were San Ramon, Talisayan, Pamucutan, Anuling, Sinubong, Patalon, Labuan and Mt. View, Donato said. The principals and teachers of the schools witnessed the donations.
Meanwhile, the board of directors of the Zamboanga City Water District went on an educational tour to Iloilo City last June 14 to look at the coal-fired power plant in the that western Visayas city.
Environmental concerns were raised by the water district directors during a public consultation last year. But these misgivings were answered after the tour of the plant which is situated along the coast of Iloilo within the city limits.
- 20/06/2012 14:00 - House leader urges agri producers to abandon planned 'market' holiday
- 20/06/2012 13:58 - Palace appeals to Filipinos not to go to Syria
- 20/06/2012 13:58 - New storm seen to enter PHL Wednesday as typhoon 'Butchoy' exits
- 19/06/2012 14:29 - President Aquino swears in Sonia Brady as Ambassador to the People's Republic of China
- 19/06/2012 14:28 - Rizal’s cravings for sumptuous food tell that he’s human after all
- 19/06/2012 14:26 - June 25 is 'Day of the Seafarers'
- 19/06/2012 14:24 - Reach anyone,anywhere, right here, right now with Sun Cellular
- 18/06/2012 13:08 - Male infertility: boxers vs. briefs stirs up hot debate
- 15/06/2012 11:05 - DOLE-9 holds 1st Intermediaries Summit
- 14/06/2012 11:16 - Alcatraz marks 50th anniversary of fabled escape