Wednesday, 20 June 2012 13:58
As typhoon 'Butchoy' exits, the national weather bureau continues to monitor a new potential typhoon which is expected to enter the Philippine territory on Wednesday afternoon.
Weather forecaster Manny Mendoza said tropical storm "Carina" (international name: Talim) is the third cyclone that may enter the country so far this year.
The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said as of 5 a.m. Tuesday, Talim was estimated 800 kilometers west of extreme Northern Luzon (19.0°N, 113.4°E) with maximum sustained winds of 75 kilometer per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 110 kph. It is forecast to move northeast slowly.
Mendoza said the southwest monsoon is still affecting Northern and Central Luzon which bring rains over the areas.
Metro Manila will expect good weather on Tuesday although there may be isolated rain, he added.
In its advisory, PAGASA said Northern and Luzon will have occasional rains becoming frequent over the western sections which may trigger flash floods and landslides.
The rest of the country will be partly cloudy to cloudy with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms.
Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail over Luzon and western Visayas from the southeast to southwest over the rest of the country. The coastal waters throughout the archipelago will be moderate to rough.
PAGASA said strong to gale-force winds are expected to affect the seaboards of Luzon.
"Fishing boats and other small seacrafts are advised not to venture out into the sea while larger sea vessels are alerted against big waves," it said.
- 20/06/2012 14:04 - 30 BPO firms in billionaires’ club
- 20/06/2012 14:04 - Giant mushroom cloud forms over Beijing
- 20/06/2012 14:03 - GPH, NDF break 17-month impasse; resume informal talks in Norway
- 20/06/2012 14:00 - House leader urges agri producers to abandon planned 'market' holiday
- 20/06/2012 13:58 - Palace appeals to Filipinos not to go to Syria
- 19/06/2012 14:29 - President Aquino swears in Sonia Brady as Ambassador to the People's Republic of China
- 19/06/2012 14:28 - Rizal’s cravings for sumptuous food tell that he’s human after all
- 19/06/2012 14:27 - Eight schools recipients of SRPI donations
- 19/06/2012 14:26 - June 25 is 'Day of the Seafarers'
- 19/06/2012 14:24 - Reach anyone,anywhere, right here, right now with Sun Cellular