Thursday, 21 June 2012 00:00
DIPOLOG CITY, Zamboanga del Norte, - The city government has bested other cities in the region in the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG-9)’s Best Practices in Local Governance of the Local Governance Performance Management System (LGPMS).
A regional summary report released the other week by DILG-9 showed that Dipolog ranked first based on its overall performance index (OPI) covering administrative governance, social governance, economic governance, environmental governance and valuing fundamental of good governance which dwells on transparency, participation and financial accountability.
According to city DILG chief Lerma Campaner, Dipolog got an OPI of 4.835, followed by Dapitan City with 4.674, Zamboanga City with 4.471, Isabela City with 4.572 and Pagadian City with 4.283.
LGPMS is a self-assessment, management and development tool that would enable the provinces, cities and municipalities to determine their state of performance and state of development using governance and development indicators.
On administrative governance, the performance indicators include local legislation, development planning, revenue generation, resource allocation and utilization, customer service and human resource management.
As regards social governance, the performance indicators are health, support to education, support to housing and basic utilities, and peace, security and disaster risk management.
The performance indicators under economic governance include support to agriculture sector, support to fishery services and entrepreneurship, business and industry promotion.
Finally, the environmental governance has these performance indicators such as forest ecosystem management, freshwater ecosystem management and urban ecosystem management.
- 22/06/2012 11:03 - Aquino lauds holding of ARMM local executives’ convention
- 22/06/2012 11:01 - TESDA Online Programs gets wider reach; graduates now gainfully employed
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - VP Binay to have audience with Pope
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - SC junks administrative raps vs. ex-Chief Justice Corona
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Aquino allots P5-M for DENR endowment fund
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Forbes releases list of World's 100 highest-paid athletes
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Ochoa: EO to harmonize national, local mining policies
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - P-Noy declares June 21 as special non-working day in Pagadian City
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - SC justice elected International Association of Women Judges president
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - WB backs Mindanao peace process by granting add'l P129-M assistance