Thursday, 21 June 2012 00:00
The Supreme Court (SC) has rendered a decision that there is no more need to rule on the administrative complaint filed against former Chief Justice Renato C. Corona.
In a per curiam (anonymous) resolution dated June 13, 2012 but was released to the media only on Tuesday, the SC said that the complaint against Corona became moot and academic after he had been removed from office by the Senate, sitting as an impeachment court.
"Considering the Judgment dated May 29, 2012 of the Senate sitting as an Impeachment Court, which found Chief Justice Renato C. Corona guilty of the charge under Article II of the Articles of Impeachment, with the penalty of removal from office and disqualification to hold any office under the Republic of the Philippines as provided in Section 3(7), Article XI of the Constitution, the complaint against the Honorable Chief Justice Renato C. Corona dated September 14, 2011 filed by Inter-Petal Recreational Corporation is hereby dismissed for having become moot and academic," the SC said.
Corona was administratively charged by the Inter-Petal Recreational Corporation (IPRC) for allegedly committing unethical conduct when he allegedly met the lawyer of the opposing party.
Corona wrote the ruling on the IPRC's petition charging the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with grave abuse of discretion for denying it has jurisdiction over the Philippine Gaming Corporation-Philweb Corporation in making false disclosure of the sale of Philweb shares at the Philippine Stocks Exchange (PSE) over E-Games, including "Tele-Sabong," of the complainant.
- 23/06/2012 18:52 - Palace enjoins nation to pray for Dolphy’s immediate recovery
- 23/06/2012 18:52 - Sun Business and ACE Insurance partner to create mobile phone insurance program
- 22/06/2012 11:03 - Aquino lauds holding of ARMM local executives’ convention
- 22/06/2012 11:01 - TESDA Online Programs gets wider reach; graduates now gainfully employed
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - VP Binay to have audience with Pope
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Aquino allots P5-M for DENR endowment fund
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Dipolog tops local governance performance in Region 9
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Forbes releases list of World's 100 highest-paid athletes
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Ochoa: EO to harmonize national, local mining policies
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - P-Noy declares June 21 as special non-working day in Pagadian City