Saturday, 23 June 2012 18:52
Malacanang asked the Filipino nation Thursday to pray for the speedy recovery of Rodolfo Quizon Sr., popularly known as “Dolphy” who has been hospitalized and now reported to be in critical condition.
“We enjoin the Filipino people to pray for the health of Mr. Rodolfo Quizon Sr., whom the entire nation fondly knows as 'Dolphy.' We are united in our intentions for our revered icon of the Philippine entertainment industry. The President’s thoughts are with Mr. Quizon and his loved ones in these trying times,” Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said in a statement released on Thursday.
"The President very recently awarded Dolphy the Grand Collar of the Order of the Golden Heart. So we recognize his contribution to the field of entertainment. He personally believes that Dolphy has contributed immensely to the arts,” Lacierda said.
The Quizon family is asking for prayers for Dolphy, who is back on respirator and in critical condition after a recent blood transfusion.
Dolphy, considered as the “Comedy King” of Philippine cinema, was diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), a progressive disease, five years ago.
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - China tightening grip on Spratlys
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - Paraguayan president impeached
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - Malaysia summons Singapore envoy after poll rally
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - NEDA IX observes ICC-TB Meeting
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - PAF to get 25 more helicopters in December
- 23/06/2012 18:52 - Sun Business and ACE Insurance partner to create mobile phone insurance program
- 22/06/2012 11:03 - Aquino lauds holding of ARMM local executives’ convention
- 22/06/2012 11:01 - TESDA Online Programs gets wider reach; graduates now gainfully employed
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - VP Binay to have audience with Pope
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - SC junks administrative raps vs. ex-Chief Justice Corona