Sunday, 24 June 2012 00:00
Selected staff of the NEDA Regional Office IX on June 18, 2012 attended as observers the Investment Coordination Committee-Technical Board (ICC-TB) meeting at the NEDA Board Room, Ortigas, Pasig City.
Headed by NEDA IX Regional Director Teresita Socorro C. Ramos and OIC-Assistant Regional Director Gemma A. Mendoza, five (5) staff of the Project Development, Investment Programming, and Budgeting Division (PDIPBD) participated the two-day learning visit at NEDA Central Office.
The learning visit is in line with the capability building program of NEDA IX which aims to achieve exposure and knowledge on ICC processes and appreciate the functions and tasks of the NEDA central office.
Three big-ticket infrastructure projects were discussed and deliberated by the ICC-TB: 1) Bicol International Airport in Region V; 2) two-year extension of Loan Validity for Laguindingan Airport Development Project in Region X; and 3) acquisition of Multi-Role response Vessels (MRRV) of the Philippine Coast Guard. These projects were favorably endorsed by the ICC-TB to the NEDA Board which is scheduled to convene on June 29, 2012. The NEDA Board is chaired by President Benigno S. Aquino III.
The observation on ICC deliberations will enhance NEDA IX’s capability in evaluating and appraising project proposals. The NEDA IX staff likewise discussed regional concerns with Socio-Economic Planning Secretary Arsenio M. Balisacan, Director General of NEDA hours before his departure to Brazil as the Philippine official delegate to the Rio+20 Summit 2012 (Loreta Elorde-Lapad, NEDA IX).
- 25/06/2012 11:14 - LPA spotted in S. Luzon has potential to become cyclone –PAGASA
- 25/06/2012 11:13 - Philippines' musicians sing their way out of poverty
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - China tightening grip on Spratlys
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - Paraguayan president impeached
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - Malaysia summons Singapore envoy after poll rally
- 24/06/2012 00:00 - PAF to get 25 more helicopters in December
- 23/06/2012 18:52 - Palace enjoins nation to pray for Dolphy’s immediate recovery
- 23/06/2012 18:52 - Sun Business and ACE Insurance partner to create mobile phone insurance program
- 22/06/2012 11:03 - Aquino lauds holding of ARMM local executives’ convention
- 22/06/2012 11:01 - TESDA Online Programs gets wider reach; graduates now gainfully employed