Thursday, 28 June 2012 13:54
President Benigno S. Aquino III vowed on Wednesday to continue his advocacy to rid government of corruption and eradicate poverty by pursuing the removal and prosecution of other corrupt officials in government and implementing further reforms in order to sustain the momentum gained from his advocacy.
In his speech keynoting the International Conference on Public Administration and Governance, a gathering of governance experts, at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Mandaluyong City, the President enjoined all Filipinos to join him in this campaign.
“Clearly, our reforms have won us momentum. And it is up to us, to all of us— whether in the private or public sector— to maintain this momentum,” the President said.
“There remain serious challenges ahead. The problem of poverty is one that must be solved. There are still corrupt officials who will be prosecuted and jailed. The changes we envision are massive, and these changes cannot be enacted by a single office. We have to do it together,” he added.
He pointed out that by endeavoring to achieve this feat as a whole would ensure that this “dream” would be completed faster.
“Through our shared efforts, we are beginning to realize the dreams we share with the Filipino people. We have, in fact, been steadily and noticeably upgrading the Filipino dream. With your help -- imagine the impossibilities we can make possible, and achieve,” the President said.
- 28/06/2012 14:09 - DFA seeks clarification on return of Chinese vessels to Scarborough Shoal
- 28/06/2012 14:00 - DPLMHS MENTORS AND STUDENTS ATTENDED 10th YOUTH ENVIRONMENT SUMMER CAMP
- 28/06/2012 13:56 - Excessive mercury content on products alarms lawmaker
- 28/06/2012 13:56 - Hog, poultry raisers abandon planned 'pork holiday'
- 28/06/2012 13:55 - Eight-man JBC is not a problem -- Fr. Bernas
- 28/06/2012 13:54 - Storm signals up in 14 Northern Luzon provinces
- 28/06/2012 13:53 - PHL apologises to Taiwan over visa-free criticism
- 28/06/2012 13:51 - Trumps eye more Philippine projects
- 27/06/2012 00:00 - ALPA in E. Samar continues to intensify; seen to become cyclone to enter PAR on Thursday or Friday
- 27/06/2012 00:00 - Sen. Recto seeks clarification on BSP’s US$ 1-B loan to IMF