Friday, 29 June 2012 13:23
Businessman Manny V. Pangilinan will pay in cash once his group buys GMA Network Inc. In a briefing Wednesday, Pangilinan, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) Chairman, said talks with GMA Network was “on-going” but declined to give a time-table on when these talks would be concluded.
“Should we exceed, as we’re likely to exceed the 35 percent trigger point for the offer, then it will require us an offer on the same term to the minorities. So the answer is yes, we have to make a cash offer to the minorities,” he said.
Earlier reports said the three major shareholders of GMA Network, namely the Gozon, Jimenez and Duavit, have set a P60-billion asking price.
Pangilinan, however, remains mum on how much the offer is.
He remains positive that he will close a deal with GMA Network’s controlling stakeholders. “Ultimately it depends on the three families to decide on whom they want to sell. They have the right to decide to whom to sell,” he said.
- 29/06/2012 13:33 - Comelec creates committee to address concerns against use of PCOS machines
- 29/06/2012 13:32 - Container port operation remains upbeat due to country's bullish economic performance
- 29/06/2012 13:25 - Drilon on CJ nomination: 'It’s more fun in the Senate'
- 29/06/2012 13:25 - Ford assembly plant to close shop by December
- 29/06/2012 13:24 - BI probing missing Jordanian journalist
- 29/06/2012 13:22 - Santiago prefers ICC over CJ slot
- 28/06/2012 14:12 - President Aquino hails governance experts as contributors to nation building, backbone of bureaucracy
- 28/06/2012 14:10 - DA salutes 42 loyal employees
- 28/06/2012 14:09 - DFA seeks clarification on return of Chinese vessels to Scarborough Shoal
- 28/06/2012 14:00 - DPLMHS MENTORS AND STUDENTS ATTENDED 10th YOUTH ENVIRONMENT SUMMER CAMP