Friday, 29 June 2012 13:36
President Benigno S. Aquino III vowed on Wednesday to continue his advocacy to rid government of corruption and eradicate poverty by pursuing the removal and prosecution of other corrupt officials in government and implementing further reforms in order to sustain the momentum gained from his advocacy.
In his speech keynoting the International Conference on Public Administration and Governance, a gathering of governance experts, at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Mandaluyong City, the President enjoined all Filipinos to join him in this campaign.
“Clearly, our reforms have won us momentum. And it is up to us, to all of us— whether in the private or public sector— to maintain this momentum,” the President said.
“There remain serious challenges ahead. The problem of poverty is one that must be solved. There are still corrupt officials who will be prosecuted and jailed. The changes we envision are massive, and these changes cannot be enacted by a single office. We have to do it together,” he added.
He pointed out that by endeavoring to achieve this feat as a whole would ensure that this “dream” would be completed faster.
“Through our shared efforts, we are beginning to realize the dreams we share with the Filipino people. We have, in fact, been steadily and noticeably upgrading the Filipino dream. With your help -- imagine the impossibilities we can make possible, and achieve,” the President said.
- 04/07/2012 12:40 - Higgs Boson: Physicists see best proof yet of 'The God Particle'
- 03/07/2012 13:19 - Enrile gives President Aquino’s first two years in office a passing mark
- 02/07/2012 13:04 - Aquino government considers changing mindset of people as greatest achievement in two years
- 02/07/2012 13:03 - NGCP has sufficient power supply to sustain needs of consumers
- 30/06/2012 11:33 - English translation of the new Roman Catholic missal implemented
- 29/06/2012 13:36 - Aquino inaugurates $ 200-M port facility in Manila
- 29/06/2012 13:35 - BSP projects June ’12 inflation forecast between 2.5-3.4%
- 29/06/2012 13:35 - Visayan lawmaker wants moratorium on ore exports to China
- 29/06/2012 13:33 - Comelec creates committee to address concerns against use of PCOS machines
- 29/06/2012 13:32 - Container port operation remains upbeat due to country's bullish economic performance