Monday, 02 July 2012 13:04
The Aquino government considers effectively changing the people’s mindset and attitude in the past two years as its biggest achievement so far, a Palace official said on Saturday.
“What is the biggest achievement so far? It’s the change in the mindset of the people, of our people,” Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in a radio interview over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan on Saturday.
“Mas open na doon sa mga isinusulong na reporma ng pamahalaan; mas engaged po ang ating mga kababayan, not just online but nakikita natin ’yung several levels of engagement which shows that there is a renewed… there is now a shift in attitude towards government as a partner and not as an oppressor,” she added.
The Palace official was asked by reporters what the Aquino administration considers as its major accomplishment as it marks its second year in power.
With regards to fighting corruption in government, Valte said there are a lot of things that needs to be done. The Aquino administration’s goal is not just to lessen corruption or to take it out completely but to make reforms systemic, she said.
“We want to make it to be a systemic change... Now, nakikita natin that we are part of the open governance project, ang budget natin ay very transparent,” Valte said adding that the fight against corruption will be beyond the President’s term in office.
The public has greater trust and confidence on the government especially on how government money is allocated and spent, she said.
Asked by reporters if the President is satisfied by the present anti-corruption campaign, Valte said that while the administration was able to achieve a lot of accomplishments there are so many things that has yet to be done.
- 04/07/2012 12:43 - CSC forms TWG to review SALN form and guidelines
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - DOH launches rotavirus vaccination, PhilHealth catastropic benefit package?
- 04/07/2012 12:42 - FVR cites Special Forces' role in the war on terror and insurgent groups
- 04/07/2012 12:40 - Higgs Boson: Physicists see best proof yet of 'The God Particle'
- 03/07/2012 13:19 - Enrile gives President Aquino’s first two years in office a passing mark
- 02/07/2012 13:03 - NGCP has sufficient power supply to sustain needs of consumers
- 30/06/2012 11:33 - English translation of the new Roman Catholic missal implemented
- 29/06/2012 13:36 - Aquino vows to go after corrupt officials in gov't
- 29/06/2012 13:36 - Aquino inaugurates $ 200-M port facility in Manila
- 29/06/2012 13:35 - BSP projects June ’12 inflation forecast between 2.5-3.4%