Thursday, 19 July 2012 13:12
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) officers, employees and staff led by the energetic Regional Director ALERT ALCOCILJA gathered at the elegant CRYSTAL BALLROOM of GRAND ASTORIA Hotel last July 6, 2012 at 6:30 in the evening to celebrate the retirement of the Officer-In-Charge (OIC)Regional Excise Tax Supervisor of the Excise Tax Unit ABRAHAM C. CENTI who is also celebrating his 65th birthday.
The honoree and birthday celebrator ABRAHAM D. CENTI or Sir ABE to most of his friends, was born July 6, 1947 in one of the islands of Tandubas, Tawi Tawi. He spent his elementary school days at Tandubas Elementary School and for his first two years of high school, he attended Notre Dame of Ungusmatata in Tawi Tawi. He spent his 3rd and 4th years of high school at the Philippine Muslim College, Jolo, Sulu.
As student of the then Zamboanga State College now Western Mindanao State University, he was involved in various extra-curricular activities. He was the President of both the Cultural Minorities Organization and the Sulayman Choral Emsemble. He was also the Auditor of the Student Council and General Secretary of Kabataan Makabayan, Zamboanga Chapter. On the Athletic side, He was a Varsity Volleyball Player.
In 1976 he earned his degree of Bachelor Science in Social Work from the same university and practiced his profession during his stint with the Department of Social Welfare and Development in 1977 to 1983. He earned units in Master in Public Administration and units in Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Southern City Colleges.
Other accomplishments of the honoree and retiree are: Provincial Secretary of Tawi-Tawi for Unido Laban Party during the Presidential snap election, Provincial Coordinator of the same province for Lakas Bansa Party, appointed Barangay Secretary of Arena Blanco this city, President of the Unified Muslim Professionals, Inc. Zamboanga East Chapter, Press Information Officer of Tandubas, Tawi Tawiians and Director of Zamboanga City Urban Poor Assembly.
In 1989, he joined the Bureau of Internal Revenue, assigned at the Tax Billing Station of the Assessment Division.His stay in the Assessment Division ended in 2001 when he was reassigned to the Excise Tax Unit, LTS Excise Tax Area VI where he worked under Mr.ROMEO SOLIS. Upon the retirement of the latter, ABE then became OIC-Regional Excise Tax Supervisor of the Excise Tax Unit IN January 2, 2007 where he has served zealouslyn until today.
As he celebrates his 65th birthday and say goodbye to government service, Regional Dir. ALERT ALCOCILJA, ARD WILMA ELIVERA and RDO MERLYN DV VICENTE wish him well as they delivered their personal messages.
By MILA ARIETA
- 23/07/2012 13:53 - Pres. Aquino to submit 2013 proposed P2.006-Trillion Nat'l Budget to Congress on Tuesday
- 23/07/2012 13:51 - Senators commend Aquino's anti-corruption drive in first two years
- 23/07/2012 13:49 - President Aquino's 3rd State of the Nation Address 'good to go' -Lacierda
- 23/07/2012 13:49 - AdZU Alumni conducts free medical outreach
- 23/07/2012 13:43 - Kahil wins as President for the 3rd times as PWD’s City Federation
- 10/07/2012 13:34 - ASEAN opens up after rights pact secrecy outcry
- 10/07/2012 13:32 - President Aquino leads awarding of top BJMP personnel
- 10/07/2012 13:28 - Dogs may protect babies from some infections: study
- 10/07/2012 13:27 - DOTC starts hearing on Bill of Rights for airline passengers
- 10/07/2012 13:26 - Most popular outsourced jobs