Monday, 23 July 2012 13:43
Mr. Teddy M. Kahil known as the father of the Persons with Disabilities (PWD’s) in Mindanao wins for the third times as President for the 3rd times as PWD’s City Federation during the PWD’s Congress at the La Azotea, Garden Orchids Hotel in this city. This PWD’s Congress is yearly activities sponsored by the Gender and Development (GAD) under the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) and City Human Resources Management Office (CHRMO).
The complete set of officers that inducted by Hon. Lilia M. Nuño, City Councilor are President: Teddy M. Kahil; Internal Vice President: Leah May Joy B. Dua; External Vice President: Federick B. Bawiga; Secretary: Rose Ann C. Suarez; Treasurer: Ma. Ivy S. Badidles; Auditor: Romeo H. Guerzon; PIO: Henry Salac and Board Members are: Riche A. Presinedo, Anabel P. Clemente, Joel A. Lapong, Clyde R. Santuy, Josephine O. Deleon, Naida A. Maing, and Magdalina E. Monsales.
Teddy M. Kahil accepts his third times as a President of City PWD's Federation with some valid reasons, in which aside as I am the PIO of this Federation I am also his side kick in the Persons with Disabilities Affairs Unit (PDAU) to become Persons with Disabilities Affairs Office (PDAO) before our organizational terms end on calendar year 2015.
By the mixed ideas of the new and old leaders the spirit of assurance for the developmental change is there. Together with the help of the Philspada Zamboanga City Chapter (PZCC) especially of our so much eagerness Vise President Dinah M. Danao, we can sure that our respective positions are not our ambitions but it will fully obligations for the next generations.
Kahil cclarified that; “The new set of officers for Organizational Calendar Year 2012-2015 composes of new and old leaders in the different PWD’s organization as this federation is the umbrella of the total of more than ten (10) existing PWD’s organization here in this city.” He also quoted the 34th National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week of Pres. Benigno C. Aquino as he said that may this occasion bring forth a stronger resolve in addressing the issues concerning your sector. Rest assured that we in government remain committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of all our people, chief among these being the right to work in any office or industry setting and reducing the index of marginalization. That letting the PWD’s Sector us work together to secure a just society, where no one is left behind and every hardworking citizen is given the opportunity to realize his dreams.
By Henry Salac-PIO
- 25/07/2012 13:42 - Zamcelco board vacancy for districts I, IX up for appointment
- 23/07/2012 13:53 - Pres. Aquino to submit 2013 proposed P2.006-Trillion Nat'l Budget to Congress on Tuesday
- 23/07/2012 13:51 - Senators commend Aquino's anti-corruption drive in first two years
- 23/07/2012 13:49 - President Aquino's 3rd State of the Nation Address 'good to go' -Lacierda
- 23/07/2012 13:49 - AdZU Alumni conducts free medical outreach
- 19/07/2012 13:12 - BIR two-in-one celebration for Abe
- 10/07/2012 13:34 - ASEAN opens up after rights pact secrecy outcry
- 10/07/2012 13:32 - President Aquino leads awarding of top BJMP personnel
- 10/07/2012 13:28 - Dogs may protect babies from some infections: study
- 10/07/2012 13:27 - DOTC starts hearing on Bill of Rights for airline passengers