Monday, 23 July 2012 13:49
After going through several drafts and countless hours of revising and re-writing, President Benigno S. Aquino III is finally ready to deliver his third State of the Nation Address (SONA) at the opening of the Joint Session of the 15th Congress at the Batasan Pambansa in Quezon City on Monday, Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said.
In a press conference aired over government owned dzRB Radyo ng Bayan on Sunday, Lacierda said the President’s SONA has already been finalized and is “good to go.”
“So tapos na po ang SONA niya, so ready na po sa Monday, so he’s good to go,” Lacierda said.
Lacierda added that President Aquino’s SONA, which went through eight drafts, will be delivered in Filipino and will be using visual aids in order to get his message clearer to the Filipino people.
He informed the Filipino citizenry to expect a “truthful, inspiring and defining” SONA for the people and the government workers.
“Hasang-hasa na po si Pangulong Aquino sa pagbibigay ng talumpati. Ang medyo kaibahan lang po nito ang SONA ay mas mahaba sa pangkaraniwang talumpati. But hindi po naiiba sa kanya ang pagbibigay ng isang talumpati,” Lacierda said.
“So expect a truthful and inspiring SONA and it’s a defining SONA for the people and for government workers —for all of us,” he said.
- 28/07/2012 12:37 - Order of Amaranth, Naval reserve group coastal clean-up on July 29
- 25/07/2012 13:43 - Mindanao infrastructure budget focused on improving road connectivity
- 25/07/2012 13:42 - Zamcelco board vacancy for districts I, IX up for appointment
- 23/07/2012 13:53 - Pres. Aquino to submit 2013 proposed P2.006-Trillion Nat'l Budget to Congress on Tuesday
- 23/07/2012 13:51 - Senators commend Aquino's anti-corruption drive in first two years
- 23/07/2012 13:49 - AdZU Alumni conducts free medical outreach
- 23/07/2012 13:43 - Kahil wins as President for the 3rd times as PWD’s City Federation
- 19/07/2012 13:12 - BIR two-in-one celebration for Abe
- 10/07/2012 13:34 - ASEAN opens up after rights pact secrecy outcry
- 10/07/2012 13:32 - President Aquino leads awarding of top BJMP personnel