Thursday, 07 October 2010 11:58
Engr. Rolando G. Acuña, Provincial Director of the Department of Trade and Industry-Zamboanga City Office, announced recently that per advise from Engr. Vitaliano Mamawal, Vice President, Customer Service Operations Technical Department, Marketing Division of Toyota Motor Philippines, that “All Toyota Motor Philippines-sold Corolla models in the Philippines are not affected by the market safety campaign”.
This developed after Toyota Corporation announced on August 26, 2010 the voluntary Safety campaign for 1,130,000 Corolla models in North America over an engine defect that may cause the car to stop while driving. The recall was issued for Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles built between 2005 and 2008 to address some Engine Control Modules (ECM) that may have been improperly manufactured. There was a possibility that a crack may develop at certain solder points or on the electronic component used to protect circuits against excessive voltage on the ECM's circuit board. The crack may result in the engine not starting or, in some cases, stopping while the vehicle is being driven.
For further queries or details on this Advisory, Toyota Corolla owners may visit Toyota USA website at www.toyota.com/recall. They may also call the DTI-Zamboanga City Office at Telephone number 99122704 or 991705, or visit the DTI-Zamboanga City Office at 2F VHW Bldg., Veterans Avenue, Zamboanga City. (Roger D. Sarsalejo, CWBRD Chief, DTI-ZCO.)
- 09/10/2010 13:17 - WMSU-HRM studes brace up for the Chefs on Parade 2010
- 08/10/2010 13:04 - Aquino to push for revised Magna Carta for Teachers
- 08/10/2010 13:03 - Palace vows more nation-building efforts
- 07/10/2010 12:00 - P-Noy launches DOLE National Skills Registry System
- 07/10/2010 11:58 - DepEd, GSIS commit to protect DepEd personnel’s retirement benefits
- 06/10/2010 12:28 - RP scores major investment from top British firm
- 04/10/2010 11:23 - Aquino pushes expanded national health insurance program
- 04/10/2010 11:22 - P-Noy stands firm to inform couples on their choices
- 04/10/2010 11:21 - Lawmakers, NGOs commend P-Noy on his pro-RH stand
- 04/10/2010 11:20 - CNN newscaster fired for controversial remarks