Monday, 30 July 2012 13:00
At least 13 domestic flights, mostly involving light aircraft from Manila to Caticlan and vice versa, have been cancelled due to bad weather caused by tropical storm "Gener" that is now affecting extreme Northern Luzon.
According to a media advisory of the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) on Sunday, Cebu Pacific Airlines cancelled four flights -- 5J 893, 895, 913 and 919 -- bound for Caticlan, and five flights -- 5J 894, 898, 914, 892 and 920 -- back to Manila.
Cebu Pacific also cancelled flights 5J 513 bound for San Jose in Occidental Mindoro and the return flight 5J 514.
Air Philippines also decided to cancel flights 2P 039 from Manila to Caticlan and 2P 040 from Caticlan to Manila as the state weather agency placed seven areas in Northern Luzon under public storm signal after "Gener" intensified into a storm.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said public storm signal No. 2 was raised over Cagayan, Calayan Group of Islands and Babuyan Group of Islands. These areas are expected to experience 61 to 100 kilometers per hour winds within the next 24 hours.
On the other hand, signal No. 1 has been hoisted in Isabela, Kalinga, Apayao and Batanes Goup of Islands as winds of 30 to 60 kph are expected within the next 36 hours over these areas.
Residents, especially in low-lying and mountainous areas, are advised to be on alert against possible flashfloods, landslides and big waves.
- 01/08/2012 13:28 - ZamPen pursues RbME
- 01/08/2012 12:40 - Three dead as storm lashes Philippines
- 31/07/2012 16:38 - NOTICE OF POWER INTERUPTION ON SATURDAY AUGUST 4, 2012 (NGCP)
- 31/07/2012 13:41 - DENR-IX joins the 38th National Nutrition Month (NNM) Celebration
- 30/07/2012 13:02 - Tips to Detect Cancer at an Early Stage
- 28/07/2012 12:40 - Zambo City Bankers and Financiers group supports BSP's NGC info drive
- 28/07/2012 12:38 - WHO AIDS chief says vigilance needed vs HIV drug resistance
- 28/07/2012 12:37 - Order of Amaranth, Naval reserve group coastal clean-up on July 29
- 25/07/2012 13:43 - Mindanao infrastructure budget focused on improving road connectivity
- 25/07/2012 13:42 - Zamcelco board vacancy for districts I, IX up for appointment