Wednesday, 01 August 2012 13:28
With the aim of pursuing results-oriented activities in the Zamboanga Peninsula, the Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation (RbME) system has been introduced in the region through a 3-day Retooling Workshop and 1-day Advocacy Orientation for Champions held at the Garden Orchid Hotel, Zamboanga City on July 17-19 and July 20, 2012, respectively.
The technical assistance is spearheaded by the NEDA- Project Monitoring Staff with the Desarollo Internationale Consult, Inc. as training provider. It is funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). It is intended to mainstream the tools, concepts, and principles of RbME in the operational functions of government agencies and other stakeholders. The technical assistance included training workshops at the national and regional levels to strengthen the capabilities of technical staff on RbME and advocate its system to the regional champions.
The 3-day retooling workshop was attended by 17 technical staff from various regional implementing agencies and LGUs of Zamboanga Sibugay province and Zamboanga City and 9 from the NEDA IX. A draft Regional Results Matrix (RRM) and draft Regional Action Plan on RbME were among the outputs of the workshop. The latter was presented together with the regional results framework which was anchored on the RRM and Regional Development Plan (RDP) during the champions’ orientation on July 20, 2012 to solicit comments and consensus.
There were a total of 22 participants including heads/representatives of regional line agencies, LGU of Zamboanga City, and State Universities and Colleges, during the one-day advocacy orientation. The Regional Development Council (RDC) IX Co-Chairperson, Fr. Enrico V. Montano and Vice-Chairperson and NEDA IX Regional Director Teresita Socorro C. Ramos were also present during the activity. They have reached a consensus on the RM and RbME Action Plan presented.
The RbME is seen as a tool to properly assess whether or not the development efforts in the region actually works in achieving the region’s vision of becoming the country’s Agri-Fisheries Southern Corridor and Gateway to Southeast Asia. (Ardi Abril T. Layugue- NEDA IX)
- 03/08/2012 14:50 - President Aquino approves creation of Mindanao Power Monitoring Committee
- 03/08/2012 14:50 - Palace asks claimant countries in WPS to observe previously agreed declaration to ease tensions
- 03/08/2012 14:46 - PAGCOR contributes P35B to national coffers since start of Aquino presidency
- 01/08/2012 13:34 - Americans want next president to prioritize job creation, reducing corruption: poll
- 01/08/2012 13:30 - Essay tilt zeroes in on gender issues Winning piece wins P30,000
- 01/08/2012 12:40 - Three dead as storm lashes Philippines
- 31/07/2012 16:38 - NOTICE OF POWER INTERUPTION ON SATURDAY AUGUST 4, 2012 (NGCP)
- 31/07/2012 13:41 - DENR-IX joins the 38th National Nutrition Month (NNM) Celebration
- 30/07/2012 13:02 - Tips to Detect Cancer at an Early Stage
- 30/07/2012 13:00 - 'Gener' forces airlines to cancel 13 domestic flights