Tuesday, 07 August 2012 13:41
In line with the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan, as the entire Muslim world celebrates the month of Fasting, the College of Law through the Association of Muslim Law Students Association in partnership with the Law Students Association spearheads the Pagbukah, local term referring to the Breaking of the Fast Ceremony at the said college every day.
The month long celebration commenced last July 21, 2012 in Zamboanga City as declared by the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos and Deputy Grand Mufti for Western Mindanao.
In line with such celebration, the newly organized association catering the needs of the Muslim Law Students in the said college shared its bounty and blessings to fellow Muslim brothers and sisters who are observing the Fasting.
The organization serves varieties of foods and drinks not just to fellow students of the College of Law but extends to the university students most especially coming from other colleges.
In the conduct of the said activity, gradual increase in number of students joining the ceremony had been recorded by the organization on the last week of July. Comes August, other students from other universities have further joined the said celebration.
The organization was very surprised of such increase. It is further believed that such laudable project of bringing people together in the spirit of peace and solidarity strengthens the relationships of Muslims with fellow Muslims in this world.
The Month of Ramadan reminds all of us as Muslims to commit ourselves to the Oneness of Allah and of His Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). It further reminds us that our willingness to help others does not just come from the sharing of money and other resources to the most vulnerable but also the willingness of our hearts to share a part of who we are to others- that is to treat the other as our FAMILY.
The Association under the College of Law extends its deepest appreciation to all those who have shared their Sadaqah, from personal contribution to organizations shares, in making the Pagbukah a successful celebration of coming together.
In any way that other people would like to help the organization shoulder some expenses, please feel free to go to the college of law and share your blessings to make more meaningful coming together.
Congratulations to the Association of Muslim Law Students Association and Law Students Association of the College of Law of Western Mindanao State University.
By Aldrin Bucoy-Abdurahim
- 08/08/2012 09:41 - 1 fisherman from Ilocos Sur missing in West Philippine Sea
- 08/08/2012 09:40 - There's money in pig's manure
- 08/08/2012 09:39 - ‘Super volcano’ could kill millions near site of Pompeii
- 07/08/2012 14:09 - CEB connects Boracay, Palawan to Davao, flies from 6th hub
- 07/08/2012 14:07 - PAL cabin crew recruitment tour kicks off August 11
- 06/08/2012 13:36 - Trying to change the world with Zamboanga Hace
- 04/08/2012 12:19 - Binay taps LGUs in fight vs. squatter syndicates
- 04/08/2012 12:18 - LPA spotted outside PHL has chance to become tropical depression - PAGASA
- 04/08/2012 12:15 - Senate to start budget deliberations next week
- 03/08/2012 14:50 - President Aquino approves creation of Mindanao Power Monitoring Committee