Tuesday, 14 August 2012 14:02
In line with the thrust of cascading development at the community level, the National Economic and Development Authority IX is initiating an Adopt-a-Barangay Program for Region IX. For 2012, NEDA IX will be adopting Barangay Ilaya in Dapitan City as the pilot barangay for the program. A launching ceremony is scheduled on August 16, 2012 at Barangay Ilaya, Dapitan City. Mayor Patri Bajamunde Chan will grace the said occasion.
The program is a grassroots assistance which aims to foster partnership between a barangay and the NEDA towards socio-economic growth and sustainable development. It also seeks convergence of efforts of the LGUs, government agencies and civil society for the selected barangay. The activities include provision of technical assistance in barangay development planning, and formulation of project proposals for possible funding from donor countries such as the government of Japan; and advocacy on disaster preparedness.
“We are happy to be selected as the pilot-barangay for the Adopt-a-Barangay program of the NEDA and City Government,” Ilaya Barangay Captain Prisca D. Cagbabanua disclosed. (Loreta Elorde-Lapad, NEDA IX).
- 16/08/2012 14:47 - PNS for Dried Sea Cucumber
- 16/08/2012 14:43 - Power interruption on Saturday - Zamcelco
- 15/08/2012 14:27 - CEB takes delivery of 39th aircraft
- 15/08/2012 14:26 - Registered ARMM voters down by more than 200,000
- 15/08/2012 14:26 - Zamboanga City conducts artworks for art party 2012
- 14/08/2012 14:00 - ZAMBOANGA CITY SIGNS MOU’s with NJB Development Corporation
- 14/08/2012 13:52 - TEN Moves built schools for Sendong-hit Cagayan de Oro & Iligan
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - President Aquino supports FOI Bill -- Coloma
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Drilon proposes changing school calender to prevent class disruptions
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - AFP, PNP retake Maguindanao highway from Moro rebels