Monday, 20 August 2012 15:08
A 36-year-old man who was buying rice in the store was hacked and wounded by his cousin at Sapah Seco, Sto. Niño, Barangay Patalon, this city, last week.
The victim was identified as Reymund Enriquez y Bucoy, 36, widow, and a resident of the same place.
His right face and left arm sustained hack wounds. He was rushed to Labuan Emergency Hospital for medical treatment.
Prior to the incident, the victim was on his way home from the 'kaingin' or farm and passed by a store owned by certain Arsenio Francisco to buy some kilos of rice when hacked by his cousin identified Roderick Bucoy, of legal age, also of the said barangay.
The Labuan Police Station reported the suspect together with 3 companions namely Rolando Bucoy, Rosel Bucoy and Ernel De Leon, all of legal ages and residents of said place were having a drinking spree outside the store.
It said that after the victim finished purchasing he left the store, but the suspect called his attention and suddenly hacked him repeatedly.
According to the report, the victim managed to escape and ran towards the house of his grandmother but the suspect along with companions chased the former until reaching the Enriquez grandmother’s house.
A follow-up operation was launched by the local police for the possible arrest of the suspects but yielded a negative result.
Appropriate case was readied by the local police against the suspects in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 29/08/2012 13:29 - BasCOMNET holds Disaster Preparedness Forum in Basilan
- 29/08/2012 13:29 - BIR-Zambo overshoots 7 mos. target; on track of eclipsing 2012 goal
- 29/08/2012 13:28 - Cash for Training Project to benefit over 4,000 individuals in ZamPen
- 29/08/2012 13:27 - Notice of public hearing
- 29/08/2012 13:26 - VFP medical mission
- 20/08/2012 15:05 - Power interruption on Thursday
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - 15-yr-old girl raped by brother
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - Team Zambo defeats AMA in NBA 3 on 3
- 16/08/2012 14:49 - ARMM expresses grief on death of civilians caught in skirmishes
- 16/08/2012 14:47 - “SRI”: revolutionary way of rice growing in RP