Wednesday, 29 August 2012 13:29
“We are on the right track of meeting our target for this year”, Bureau of Internal Revenue-Zamboanga City District (93-A) Assistant Revenue District Officer Rolando C. Ompoc said in an interview.
Ompoc’s optimism is based on the 7 months cumulative collection of the Bureau where it collected P1.057 billion.
“Our cumulative collection from January to July is 27 million higher than our target and P231 million more than our collection for the same period last year. For July alone, we collected P153, 345,891.48, P8.9 million higher. Except for April, we overshot our monthly target for the last seven months”, Ompoc said.
BIR-Zamboanga’s target collection for this year is P1.8 billion, and with 5 months to go, the target is very achievable.
“We really cannot say that it’s a sure thing, but with more hard work, we really are in the right direction”, Ompoc said.
As in the previous years, tax collection in the city surges during the last quarter of the year where public spending increases due to the holidays.
Ompoc said they will also be conducting tax mapping activities this September to help ensure that they meet the target.
“This is one of our means to monitor all tax-paying entities to ensure that they pay their proper taxes”, he said.
Ompoc said the bulk of the tax collected from January to July came from the local government taxes, letter of notice, business sector, and income tax of the working public. (Michael Vincent D. Cajulao/MVC/PIA9-ZBST)
- 04/09/2012 13:36 - TESDA IX trains 22 marine diesel mechanics
- 03/09/2012 13:25 - Beng sponsors job fair on Sept. 7
- 03/09/2012 13:24 - Comelec: Filing of COCs set Oct. 1-5
- 03/09/2012 13:23 - K of C, Sir Knight Tolentino installs as Grand Knight
- 29/08/2012 13:29 - BasCOMNET holds Disaster Preparedness Forum in Basilan
- 29/08/2012 13:28 - Cash for Training Project to benefit over 4,000 individuals in ZamPen
- 29/08/2012 13:27 - Notice of public hearing
- 29/08/2012 13:26 - VFP medical mission
- 20/08/2012 15:08 - A 36-yr-old man hacked by cousin in Patalon
- 20/08/2012 15:05 - Power interruption on Thursday