Wednesday, 05 September 2012 14:29
A 20-year-old man stabbed and wounded his two neighbours at the vicinity of a Chinese cemetery in Barangay San Roque, this city, over the weekend.
The victims — Kenneth Unda y Bernardo, 17; and Candel De Leon y Remollino, 19 — were on board a motorcycle on their way home when reaching the crime scene, the suspect suddenly identified as Jerry Rebollos y Talab, 20, blocked their way then without any provocation stabbed them.
Unda suffered a stab wound on the right side of his neck while De Leon sustained injury on her right upper shoulder. Both victims were brought to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) for medical treatment, according to police.
Sta. Maria Police Station commander Chief Inspector Larry Domingo said the police operatives rushed to the scene and ran after the fleeing suspect who was eventually caught.
The suspect was detailed at San Roque Community Police Assistance Center (COMPAC) and later taken to the police station for appropriate case being readied against him in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 06/09/2012 14:06 - 12-yr-old son of tribal leader killed in Zambo del Sur
- 06/09/2012 14:03 - Mayor Lobregat studying to ban plastic in the city
- 06/09/2012 14:02 - MNLF grand meeting to tackle unity and peace in Mindanao
- 05/09/2012 14:45 - Drug suspect falls in buy-bust in Sangali
- 05/09/2012 14:42 - Maimbung integrated public market now operational
- 04/09/2012 13:41 - Power supply deal approved
- 04/09/2012 13:37 - Student stabbed near mosque in Suterville
- 04/09/2012 13:36 - TESDA IX trains 22 marine diesel mechanics
- 03/09/2012 13:25 - Beng sponsors job fair on Sept. 7
- 03/09/2012 13:24 - Comelec: Filing of COCs set Oct. 1-5