Thursday, 13 September 2012 13:32
City police arrested an alleged drug trafficker known as “Jovi” at Presa Mayor in Barangay Tumaga, this city, last Monday, officials said yesterday.
Arrested was identified as Marshal Kong y Tahil also known, 37, married, and a resident of Governor Camins Avenue, this city.
The suspected narco-trafficker was arrested by operatives of the Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Force led by Sr. Inspector Elmer Solon and police intelligence.
Three small plastic sachets of suspected shabu were seized from the suspect’s possession. A Nokia cellular phone and the suspect’s motorcycle with plate number 7404 JG registered under the name of Danilo Rivera Jr. of Barangay San Roque were also confiscated.
A report reaching Zamboanga Today disclosed that a police poseur buyer was able to buy illegal drugs from the suspect that resulted to his arrest and the confiscation of said items.
The suspect was brought to Zamboanga City Police Office for proper investigation and detention. A case for violation of R.A. 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, will be filed against the suspect in court.
Police investigators forwarded the confiscated illegal drugs to the Regional Crime Laboratory Office 9 (RCLO9) for proper disposition and examination.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 19/09/2012 15:22 - Police launch manhunt for suspect behind grenade attack in Recodo
- 18/09/2012 13:44 - Hataman chides DENR over laxity in ARMM log ban implementation
- 18/09/2012 13:44 - LGU-Lamitan joins 112th Civil Service Anniversary celebration
- 18/09/2012 13:42 - PHIVOLCS to train teachers on quake, tsunami from September 25 to 27
- 17/09/2012 13:44 - Ex-PAF sergeant killed in Sinunuc road accident
- 13/09/2012 13:31 - Power interruptions on Septemer 15, 16
- 12/09/2012 14:47 - Fish vendor shoots electrician over debt in Baliwasan
- 12/09/2012 14:44 - PAGASA says city is experiencing abnormal amount of rainfall
- 12/09/2012 14:42 - WMSU law school marks 30 years
- 12/09/2012 14:39 - Woman arrested for ‘shabu’ in buy-bust in Bunguiao