Tuesday, 18 September 2012 13:44
The city officials and employees of Lamitan joined the nationwide celebration of the 112th Civil Service Commission anniversary with street parade from Datu Kalun’s Park to the city hall and a short program at the city hall ground.
At the opening program, City Adminstrator Danilo V. Alvaro reminded government employees that being a bayani (hero) is a person that first and foremost, whole-heartedly sings the national anthem with conviction and meaning. “Anything that we do that is correct in our daily activities is a sign of heroism,” he said, as he cited the theme for this year’s anniversary: “Kawani, Ikaw ay isang Lingkod Bayani.”
City Information Officer Felipe Fernando said that various activities for the employees of the city were lined up for the month of September. They include fun games, like “Henyo Lamiteño”, which is a game of wit and the classic BINGO Games; LGU Hataw Na, a physical fitness activity for employees; “Talent Mo, Ipakita Mo Showdown” on Sept. 12; and clean-up day on Sept. 14.
He added that an orientation and or re-orientation on Civil Service Law and Rules is scheduled on Sept. 20. Employees are also expected to gather on Sept. 24 to organize the Lamitan City Employees Association, where some employees will be given recognition.
Fernando also disclosed that City Mayor Roderick H. Furigay updated the employees regarding the status of employee’s bonus for this coming December. The mayor said that there is a disparity in the approved committee report and the appropriation ordinance in the Sangguniang Panlungsod on the supplemental budget.
The Mayor, however, remains positive that the set-back will be resolved soon as he asked the Sangguang Panlungsod Secretary David H. Pamaran to explain to the Chairman of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, Vice Mayor Arleigh W. Eisma and to make the necessary corrections.
(Rene V. Carbayas/FF/RVC/PIA9-ZBST)
- 27/09/2012 15:13 - Sulu OIC Gov sends off AFP's 3rd Marine Brigade
- 19/09/2012 15:29 - Farmer's home robbed in Brgy Culianan
- 19/09/2012 15:25 - Hataman to inspect illegally cut logs from Basilan found in cargo boat
- 19/09/2012 15:22 - Police launch manhunt for suspect behind grenade attack in Recodo
- 18/09/2012 13:44 - Hataman chides DENR over laxity in ARMM log ban implementation
- 18/09/2012 13:42 - PHIVOLCS to train teachers on quake, tsunami from September 25 to 27
- 17/09/2012 13:44 - Ex-PAF sergeant killed in Sinunuc road accident
- 13/09/2012 13:32 - Police: Drug pusher arrested in Tumaga
- 13/09/2012 13:31 - Power interruptions on Septemer 15, 16
- 12/09/2012 14:47 - Fish vendor shoots electrician over debt in Baliwasan