Tuesday, 12 October 2010 00:00
President Benigno S. Aquino III on Sunday reminded two top officials of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to focus on their work in helping improve Filipino lives.
President Aquino said he would talk with DILG Sec. Jesse Robredo and controversial Undersecretary Rico Puno to put to a stop whatever differences the two officials have.
“I will meet with him and Secretary Robredo either tonight or tomorrow morning. I want to thresh out all these things with them,” he said.
Puno alleged that Robredo was among those in the Aquino administration who were pushing for his ouster as DILG undersecretary. Robredo disputed Puno’s accusations.
”Sometimes things were said that perhaps were not taken in the proper context or he wasn't also able to convey what he was thinking of at the time,” Aquino said.
The President said the behavior of both officials was “improper” of a Cabinet member and must be ironed out soon.
”I want to sit down with both of them. Something like that is not proper behavior for members of the Cabinet. We are trying to build a country... We should focus on how we will fix this country,” he said. (PNA)
- 14/10/2010 11:26 - OSG says impeachment case vs. Ombudsman should continue
- 14/10/2010 11:25 - CBCP clears air on excommunication issue for P-Noy
- 13/10/2010 11:25 - Philippine Energy Chief orders power firms to fast track plant rehab
- 13/10/2010 11:23 - Land services manual out
- 12/10/2010 00:00 - BSP rules out control on forex
- 12/10/2010 00:00 - Fil-Am WWII vets' widows file class suit vs. US gov’t
- 11/10/2010 13:12 - FNRI says nitrate and nitrite in processed meats expose Filipinos to health risks
- 11/10/2010 13:10 - Speaker belies hike in pork barrel in 2011
- 09/10/2010 13:17 - WMSU-HRM studes brace up for the Chefs on Parade 2010
- 08/10/2010 13:04 - Aquino to push for revised Magna Carta for Teachers