Tuesday, 02 October 2012 15:13
Joezerk John P. Biel, a Junior BSN student of the Western Mindanao State University (WMSU), won as champion in the recently concluded inter-school Extemporaneous Speaking contest held at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University last September 27, 2012.
He bested five other contenders from local colleges. Second placer was John Paul Aberca of UZ and Third Placer was Pjey Fidel of ADZU.
Biel, who aspires to be a nurse in the future, has an innate inclination to the literary arena. He also represented Region 9 in the 19th VFP-SDAI National Oratorical contest in Manila.
He was trained by speech-writer and national speech trainer, Dr. Expedito H. Malbago, a faculty member of WMSU. Malbago extensively trained Biel which brought his effort to success.
The contest was held as part of the activities in line with the celebration of National Tourism Week, under Tourism Director Ms. Mary June G. Bugante.
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - DTI celebrates 2012 Consumer Welfare month
- 04/10/2012 15:30 - Zambo Girl Scout Council tops 20 awards
- 04/10/2012 15:29 - Jalosjos shows more works of world-class quality
- 04/10/2012 15:26 - San Roque wins WFD Poster Contest
- 02/10/2012 15:17 - Man's dead body found floating in Recodo coast
- 01/10/2012 15:23 - Flooding in Zambo City damages P18M worth of infra, agri-fisheries
- 01/10/2012 15:22 - Sun Cellular welcomes college basketball player Kiefer Ravena
- 27/09/2012 15:14 - PHIVOLCS' teachers training gains positive response
- 27/09/2012 15:13 - Sulu OIC Gov sends off AFP's 3rd Marine Brigade
- 19/09/2012 15:29 - Farmer's home robbed in Brgy Culianan