Tuesday, 02 October 2012 15:17
A dead body was found Sunday floating near the coastal area of Varadero de Recodo, Barangay Recodo, this city, police said
According to Ayala Police Station commander Sr. Inspector Edilberto Alvarez, the body was found by Philippine Navy personnel.
The corpse clad with white T-shirt and about 40 to 45 yeard old was still fresh when recovered by the Navy lifeguards.
Alvarez said that the body which bore a laceration wound on the upper right portion of his eyebrow probably was hit by a hard object by the culprit.
The discovery of the dead body happened while Philippine Navy personnel on board their B/CPT VT102 sea craft patrolling along the coastal areas at past 5:00 p.m.
"The victim was probably hit with a hard object by the suspect while on board a vessel off shore or along the shore of Recodo," Alvarez said.
The cadaver of the victim was brought to Villa Funeral Homes for the post mortem examination and proper disposition, but is is still unclaimed as of press time.
Motive of the incident as well as the identity of the suspect is yet to be determined by the local police authority. At this time, police do not consider the death suspicious. They are checking for clues in surrounding areas that may help determine why the victim died.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - Drunk man nabbed for stabbing in Culianan
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - DTI celebrates 2012 Consumer Welfare month
- 04/10/2012 15:30 - Zambo Girl Scout Council tops 20 awards
- 04/10/2012 15:29 - Jalosjos shows more works of world-class quality
- 04/10/2012 15:26 - San Roque wins WFD Poster Contest
- 02/10/2012 15:13 - WMSU student wins inter-chool speech contest
- 01/10/2012 15:23 - Flooding in Zambo City damages P18M worth of infra, agri-fisheries
- 01/10/2012 15:22 - Sun Cellular welcomes college basketball player Kiefer Ravena
- 27/09/2012 15:14 - PHIVOLCS' teachers training gains positive response
- 27/09/2012 15:13 - Sulu OIC Gov sends off AFP's 3rd Marine Brigade