Thursday, 04 October 2012 15:29
"He doesn't just build a barangay plaza. He builds projects of world-class quality."
Thus how Zamboanguenos for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) headquarters looks at the capability of its founder Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos who has already proven his worth after establishing the world-class Dakak Resort and the Fantasyland in Dapitan City.
Tomorrow, October 4, the Dakak Adventure Zone will formally be opened to the public as it boasts to be the longest and fastest zip line facility in Asia.
Consuelo Locop, Dakak's vice president for marketing, said this newest project of Jalosjos is the most state-of-the-art adventure zone as its zip line measuures 1.3 kilometers beating that of Bukidnon which is only 840 meters long.
Locop said this latest recreational facility is the longest and fastest in Asia. "Sir Nonong is really a visionary as he knows how to lure tourists and visitors by providing the best facilities," Locop pointed out.
Earlier, Jalosjos vowed that he will transform Zamboanga City as a tourism zone in Mindanao once elected as mayor of Zamboanga City in the next year elections.
Jalosjos' 25-point agenda focuses more on tourism-oriented activities -- one of which is the promotion of the Great Sta Cruz Island as the only "Pink Island " in Asia in a manner of luring foreign and domestic tourists here. By Frank Buenaventura
- 05/10/2012 15:16 - Zamcelco prexy vows to put Coop in order
- 04/10/2012 15:32 - DAR IX holds orientation on ARCP II
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - Drunk man nabbed for stabbing in Culianan
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - DTI celebrates 2012 Consumer Welfare month
- 04/10/2012 15:30 - Zambo Girl Scout Council tops 20 awards
- 04/10/2012 15:26 - San Roque wins WFD Poster Contest
- 02/10/2012 15:17 - Man's dead body found floating in Recodo coast
- 02/10/2012 15:13 - WMSU student wins inter-chool speech contest
- 01/10/2012 15:23 - Flooding in Zambo City damages P18M worth of infra, agri-fisheries
- 01/10/2012 15:22 - Sun Cellular welcomes college basketball player Kiefer Ravena