Thursday, 04 October 2012 15:31
Every October of each year, the Department of Trade and Industry in coordination with the National Consumer Affairs Council, other implementing agencies of the Consumer Act of the Philippines, such as the Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Department of Education, Department of Environment and Natural Resources and various Consumer Groups nationwide commemorate the "Consumer Welfare Month".
For this year's celebration, the DTI being the lead agency has chosen the theme "Get Organized. Be Heard. Be Empowered".
As an opening salvo, different business establishments, as a show of support simultaneously hanged streamers in their respective vicinity. Other activities have also been readied, such as the stickering of motorcycle helmets in clustered barangays, conduct of information campaigns on the Basic Rights and Responsibilities of the Consumers and
the DTI's Fair Trade Laws, enforcement activities and the conduct of the Consumer Month Diskwento Fair cum Trade Exhibits which will be held during the 3rd week of October. This is going to be a 2-day event to be participated by our local distributors of prime and basic commodities and local Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
This fair has been conceptualized to afford low-income earners of price discounted selected items and for the Trade Exhibits, to provide venue where our local producers can showcase the products of Zamboanga City.
- 06/10/2012 13:00 - Golden Haven fun run to benefit Zamboanga blood council
- 05/10/2012 15:18 - Myra represents Zambo in Vietnam 3rd women coop educational tour
- 05/10/2012 15:16 - Zamcelco prexy vows to put Coop in order
- 04/10/2012 15:32 - DAR IX holds orientation on ARCP II
- 04/10/2012 15:31 - Drunk man nabbed for stabbing in Culianan
- 04/10/2012 15:30 - Zambo Girl Scout Council tops 20 awards
- 04/10/2012 15:29 - Jalosjos shows more works of world-class quality
- 04/10/2012 15:26 - San Roque wins WFD Poster Contest
- 02/10/2012 15:17 - Man's dead body found floating in Recodo coast
- 02/10/2012 15:13 - WMSU student wins inter-chool speech contest