Tuesday, 23 October 2012 13:52
ZTZ and UNA council aspirant Jarah Bernardo yesterday said if elected she will push for the concept “Tapat Mo Linisin Mo” purposely to address diseases and for beautification in the 98 barangays.
Bernardo, a nurse by profession, pointed out that people not only in residential areas but also commercial establishments should be involved in the clean-up campaign “because the end result of this will be the prevention of illnesses such as dengue, skin rashes and other bacterial infections as well beautification of the areas concerned.”
The beauteous council aspirant said cleanliness in the surroundings is not only the concern of the local government and other concerned agencies but is also the responsibility of the citizenry. As a small girl she learned it from her grandmother who always encouraged her to clean their house.
“Now I have learned and seen that her advocacy is for the better good of all of us in the family and I want her teachings applied on a wider scale,” Bernardo, one of the 1986 top 5 Miss Hiyas ng Silangan nationwide finalists said.
Bernardo said business establishments whose façade and surroundings are clean will always attract more customers than the others which are dirty and unhygienic.
By Nonong Santiago
- 26/10/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga ICT Council Logo Making Contest Winner Announced
- 25/10/2012 14:12 - Criminal cases filed against alleged robber in Sto. Niño
- 25/10/2012 14:10 - Mayor Lobregat issues 2 EOs for All Saints and All Souls Day
- 24/10/2012 14:22 - Yvonne Napao of AdZU is Miss Red Cross 2012
- 24/10/2012 14:22 - Zamcelco's collection outlets open on holidays Oct. 26, November 2
- 23/10/2012 13:51 - Stepfather stabs son in San Roque
- 23/10/2012 13:49 - Zamboanga ICT Council Logo making contest winners bared
- 11/10/2012 15:14 - Suspected drug pusher arrested in Tetuan
- 10/10/2012 14:08 - Fast food store at Yubenco Star Mall in Putik robbed
- 09/10/2012 13:48 - Teenager, gun-for-hire suspect arrested in Tetuan