Saturday, 27 October 2012 12:42
A man's body was found hanging from the roof of a store in Villa, Barangay Sta. Maria here in Zamboanga City on Thursday dawn
The man was identified as Josefer Delos Santos, a pedicab driver, of legal age, married, and resident of Purok 2, Villa, Sta. Maria.
The police said that Delos Santos was seen dead by a local resident while hanging in front of a store.
Sta. Maria Police Station investigators found out that a rope connected to a beam of the store’s roof was tied around Delos Santos' neck.
Delos Santos is believed to have personally prepared the rope that he used to tie around his neck. He went to the store located in front of his house and thereat committed suicide, according to the report.
Wife of Delos Santos discovered her husband's body at about 1:00 dawn of Thursday. She asked for help to their neighbors to rush her husband to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC). But the attending physician failed to save Delos Santos as he was already dead on arrival.
Further investigation disclosed that the husband and his wife were experiencing family problem that led to the former's depression and suicide.
A continuous investigation was conducted by the police to clear doubts about possible foul-play in the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 14/11/2012 14:09 - Car dealer shot dead after abducted in Pagadian
- 10/11/2012 11:41 - Boat worker stabbed in Camino Nuevo
- 10/11/2012 11:40 - Fish vendor hacks fellow seller in Baliwasan
- 07/11/2012 14:18 - ONB 9-month income up 118%
- 27/10/2012 12:43 - ZCWD talks with village officials on proposed communal faucets
- 26/10/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga ICT Council Logo Making Contest Winner Announced
- 25/10/2012 14:12 - Criminal cases filed against alleged robber in Sto. Niño
- 25/10/2012 14:10 - Mayor Lobregat issues 2 EOs for All Saints and All Souls Day
- 24/10/2012 14:22 - Yvonne Napao of AdZU is Miss Red Cross 2012
- 24/10/2012 14:22 - Zamcelco's collection outlets open on holidays Oct. 26, November 2