Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:40
A fish vendor hacked and wounded his co-peddler at the vicinity of Tres Marias, Baliwasan Seaside, Barangay Baliwasan, this city, the other day.
The victim was identified as Muin Saddang y Lakkian, of legal age, married, and a resident of Barangay Talon-Talon, this city.
Saddang suffered multiple hack wounds on his head and right forearm was rushed to Zamboanga Brent Hospital for medical treatment.
Personnel of the Light Reaction Unit of Zamboanga City Public Safety Company (ZCPSC) happened to passed by the area and saw the incident immediately arrested the suspect.
The suspect was identified as Najal Alih y Langka, of legal age, and a resident of Baliwasan Chico, of the same barangay. He was arrested after the incident
Initial investigation conducted by the Criminal Investigation adn Detective Management Unit (CIDMU) personnel disclosed that the victim was about to get out from Tres Maria compound to buy sting ray when attacked by the suspect.
Information gathered from the police showed the victim was in debt P5,000 from him and when confronted Saddang allegedly refused to pay and acted arrogantly on him.
Police recovered a 3-inch knife from the possession and control of the suspect. They filed a frustrated murder case against the suspect in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 28/11/2012 00:00 - Man stabs own brother
- 21/11/2012 14:18 - Miravite says Lobregat lacks interest in solving peace and order problem
- 21/11/2012 14:13 - Parents of Tongkil mayoralty bet asks PNP chief not to be misled by son's false charge
- 14/11/2012 14:09 - Car dealer shot dead after abducted in Pagadian
- 10/11/2012 11:41 - Boat worker stabbed in Camino Nuevo
- 07/11/2012 14:18 - ONB 9-month income up 118%
- 27/10/2012 12:43 - ZCWD talks with village officials on proposed communal faucets
- 27/10/2012 12:42 - Pedicab driver commits suicide in Sta. Maria
- 26/10/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga ICT Council Logo Making Contest Winner Announced
- 25/10/2012 14:12 - Criminal cases filed against alleged robber in Sto. Niño