Wednesday, 14 November 2012 14:09
A car dealer was abducted and executed by unidentified armed men in Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur Province (ZDSP), last Monday afternoon.
Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) regional director Chief Supt. Napoleon Estilles identified the said victim as Anwar Alvin Zainal, 34, married, and a resident of NGK Subdivision, Dao, Pagadian City, in the same province.
Estilles in his text message disclosed that a report received from Zamboanga del Sur Police Provincial Director Sr. Supt. William Mansan showed that the victim was abducted by the armed men infront of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) in downtown of Pagadian City.
Police report added that at about 4:30 p.m. of Monday, the victim and his wife were together at Barangay Taguma when the armed suspects appeared and forcibly boarded him in a color red Isuzu Crosswind then sped off towards unknown direction.
Estilles told Zamboanga Today that combined forces of the police immediately launched a search and rescue operation for the possible recovery of the victim but yielded a negative result.
At about 6:00 a.m. yesterday, a report received by the local police in Pagadian City regarding the discovery of a cadaver along the highway of Barangay Balocot, Tambulig, ZDSP.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) Provincial Office process the crime scene and recovered the corpse of the abducted victim, Anwar Alvin Zainal, that coincide with the identification card found nearby the body at the scene.
Further information showed that the victim also owns the Pacific Insurance Company based in the same province.
Police believed that the motive of the incident was personal grudge.
A follow-up investigation was conducted to establish the identity of the suspects.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - BSP: New money now available for Christmas
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - DILG supports ZamPen Agri bizcon & trade fair
- 28/11/2012 00:00 - Man stabs own brother
- 21/11/2012 14:18 - Miravite says Lobregat lacks interest in solving peace and order problem
- 21/11/2012 14:13 - Parents of Tongkil mayoralty bet asks PNP chief not to be misled by son's false charge
- 10/11/2012 11:41 - Boat worker stabbed in Camino Nuevo
- 10/11/2012 11:40 - Fish vendor hacks fellow seller in Baliwasan
- 07/11/2012 14:18 - ONB 9-month income up 118%
- 27/10/2012 12:43 - ZCWD talks with village officials on proposed communal faucets
- 27/10/2012 12:42 - Pedicab driver commits suicide in Sta. Maria