Monday, 03 December 2012 14:45
The head of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Zamboanga City Branch has revealed that new paper money is now available for the upcoming Christmas Season.
BSP Zamboanga City, Branch Head, Melodino S. Patiño said during an interview that “We have sufficient stock of currencies all denominations.”
According to Patiño, the office has the existing type of currencies and the new generation currencies or the new pesos bills.
The money denominations available are P20.00, P50.00, P100.00, P200.00, P500.00, and P1,000.00.
Patiño said these new bills were already distributed weeks ago and because of this, their shipment for money has increased.
“They can change their old paper bills just go to their respective banks,” he added.
The money came all the way from Manila and it is being shipped here then distributed to the different banks located in this city.
Sometimes, people do not have time to shop, and instead of giving gifts, new money are placed inside a red envelope and given as gifts.
There are 60 banks in this city who are members of the Zamboanga City Bankers and Financiers Association.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 15/12/2012 12:51 - 28 industry practitioners attend assessor’s course
- 15/12/2012 12:50 - Police arrests man with gun
- 15/12/2012 12:47 - RDC IX convenes for 142nd meeting
- 08/12/2012 12:20 - Ayala District holds leadership camp
- 08/12/2012 12:14 - Welcome home DMI Int'l Regent Lydia Ramirez
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - DILG supports ZamPen Agri bizcon & trade fair
- 28/11/2012 00:00 - Man stabs own brother
- 21/11/2012 14:18 - Miravite says Lobregat lacks interest in solving peace and order problem
- 21/11/2012 14:13 - Parents of Tongkil mayoralty bet asks PNP chief not to be misled by son's false charge
- 14/11/2012 14:09 - Car dealer shot dead after abducted in Pagadian