Saturday, 15 December 2012 12:47
Marking its third year of pursuing development efforts together as a team, under the leadership of Regional Development Council (RDC) IX Chairperson and Dipolog City Mayor Evelyn T. Uy, the Council convened for its 142nd Regular Meeting on December 12, 2012 at Top Plaza Hotel, Dipolog City with 28 members present and/or represented.
In her opening message, Mayor Uy encouraged the members to continue pursuing the shared vision of the Council for the region as it faces the incoming year. After her message, DILG IX Regional Director Paisal O. Abutazil took the opportunity to award the Gawad Pamana ng Lahi to Dipolog City Mayor Evelyn T. Uy.
Among the national and regional development concerns discussed were the following: 1.) MTRDP IX Communication and Advocacy Plan (CAP); 2.) ZamPen RDP IX 2012-2016 Results Matrices (RM); 3.) Enhanced ZamPen 2014 Annual Investment Program (AIP). The Chairpersons and/or Vice-Chairpersons of the respective sectoral committees (SecComs) also presented their concerns which emanated during the recently concluded 4th quarter SecCom meetings.
The Council passed 11 resolutions which include 1.) A resolution endorsing the RCAP for the implementation of ZamPen RDP 2011-2016; 2.) A resolution approving the RMs for the ZamPen RDP 2011-2016; 3.) A resolution approving the CY 2014 AIP of RLAs and SUCs in the region.
One of the highlights of the meeting was the approval of the special non-voting membership of the 1st Infantry Tabak Division of the Western Mindanao Command (WesMinCom) to the RDC IX as proposed by Zamboanga del Sur Governor Antonio H. Cerilles. The WesMinCom Commander, Lt. Gen. Rey C. Ardo gave a briefing on the Bangsamoro Framework Agreement and significance of peace and order efforts in the pursuit of development in the region. The Council recognized the importance, as well as, benefits that can be derived from the participation of WesMinCom in the Council.
After the meeting, a Christmas Party and Solidarity Night was hosted by Mayor Uy at Greenkitchen, Dipolog City.
(Ardi Abril T. Layugue- NEDA IX)
- 08/01/2013 14:08 - WMSU stude wins in Rizal Quiz
- 20/12/2012 14:59 - Dead man found in Dita
- 20/12/2012 14:58 - PNoy signs EO creating Transition Commission to craft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- 15/12/2012 12:51 - 28 industry practitioners attend assessor’s course
- 15/12/2012 12:50 - Police arrests man with gun
- 08/12/2012 12:20 - Ayala District holds leadership camp
- 08/12/2012 12:14 - Welcome home DMI Int'l Regent Lydia Ramirez
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - BSP: New money now available for Christmas
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - DILG supports ZamPen Agri bizcon & trade fair
- 28/11/2012 00:00 - Man stabs own brother