Saturday, 15 December 2012 12:51
Some 28 workers from the different companies attended the assessor’s methodology course on December 11-13, 2012 at the Zamboanga Seafood House in San Roque, this city.
The assessor’s methodology course is one of the capability building programs of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) designed to equip the participants with the necessary knowledge, skills, and desirable work values in the conduct of competency assessment. This course seeks to enhance the capability of industry partners in planning and organizing competency assessment, gathering evidence, and making the assessment decision.
The implementation of the country’s competency assessment and certification program is lodged with TESDA as stated in Section 22 of RA 7796 or the TESDA Act of 1994 through the Philippine TVET Qualification and Certification System (PTQCS). The PTQCS is the process of determining the qualification level of a person and giving recognition to the attainment of the competencies in that particular level.
TESDA-IX OIC-Regional Director Lorenzo Macapili said that only few assessors come from the industry and that there is a need to increase the participation of industry practitioners in the implementation of competency assessment and certification program.
Participating companies who sent their workers to be trained as assessors included Mega Fishing Corp., Universal Canning Corp., Columbus Corp., Ayala Seafood Corp., Arjai Corp., Lantaka Hotel, PC 911, and Sophia Jewellery.
Dir. Macapili also said that more batches of this training program would be scheduled for the industry workers next year to have a bigger pool of industry-based assessors.
- 12/01/2013 11:54 - Man kills self
- 08/01/2013 14:13 - Cong. Beng Climaco leads inauguration, turn-over rites of WMSU covered court
- 08/01/2013 14:08 - WMSU stude wins in Rizal Quiz
- 20/12/2012 14:59 - Dead man found in Dita
- 20/12/2012 14:58 - PNoy signs EO creating Transition Commission to craft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- 15/12/2012 12:50 - Police arrests man with gun
- 15/12/2012 12:47 - RDC IX convenes for 142nd meeting
- 08/12/2012 12:20 - Ayala District holds leadership camp
- 08/12/2012 12:14 - Welcome home DMI Int'l Regent Lydia Ramirez
- 03/12/2012 14:45 - BSP: New money now available for Christmas