Thursday, 20 December 2012 14:59
A man, shot in the head by an unidentified assailant, was found in an isolated area at Sitio, Barangay Dita, this city, the other day.
Curuan Police Station commander Chief Inspector Ricardo Garcia said the victim, who remains unidentified as of press time, was recovered in supine position wearing color black long pants, stripe black shirt and in possession of a color blue bagpack.
Garcia told Zamboanga Today that the crime scene was only about 5 kilometers away from a police station and a few blocks away from residential houses.
Garcia added that local barangay officials and residents claim that the victim is not known to them. The police presume that the victim just dumped in the area.
“The victim might have been killed somewhere else and the suspects dumped his body along the bushy area of Dita highway”, the police said.
The cadaver of the victim was brought to Villa Funeral Homes for the post mortem examination.
Garcia disclosed that a discreet investigation is now being conducted to establish the identity of the victim and the assailant as well as the motive of the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 18/02/2013 14:21 - Ex-Rep. Villar to continue legislative work in the Senate
- 16/01/2013 13:34 - Cafgu shot, hurt in Sangali
- 12/01/2013 11:54 - Man kills self
- 08/01/2013 14:13 - Cong. Beng Climaco leads inauguration, turn-over rites of WMSU covered court
- 08/01/2013 14:08 - WMSU stude wins in Rizal Quiz
- 20/12/2012 14:58 - PNoy signs EO creating Transition Commission to craft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- 15/12/2012 12:51 - 28 industry practitioners attend assessor’s course
- 15/12/2012 12:50 - Police arrests man with gun
- 15/12/2012 12:47 - RDC IX convenes for 142nd meeting
- 08/12/2012 12:20 - Ayala District holds leadership camp