Tuesday, 08 January 2013 14:08
Leony Ann D. Coronel, a senior high school student of the Western Mindanao State University-Integrated Laboratory School emerged as champion in the Rizal Quiz 2012 held at Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School last December 19, 2012.
The city-wide competition is in line with the celebration of Rizal Day on December 30. The activity aims to commemorate the life and works of Jose Rizal, one of Philippines’ renowned heroes.
Some of the objectives of the event are to draw greater attention of the youth to Rizal as reference point of excellence and achievement; inspire the youth with the compelling contemporary relevance of Rizal, his life, humanity and love of country; and affirm and invigorate the spirit and capacity of the youth to excel and become the best in the land.
The contest was participated in by 14 public and private schools of Zamboanga City. Mr. Ryan B. Cabangcala, WMSU-ILS instructor served as coach of Coronel to the said competition. (EKEENA O. LIM, WMSU-PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE with information from WMSU-ILS)
- 18/02/2013 14:24 - Region 7 retains crown in PRISAA national games ‘13
- 18/02/2013 14:21 - Ex-Rep. Villar to continue legislative work in the Senate
- 16/01/2013 13:34 - Cafgu shot, hurt in Sangali
- 12/01/2013 11:54 - Man kills self
- 08/01/2013 14:13 - Cong. Beng Climaco leads inauguration, turn-over rites of WMSU covered court
- 20/12/2012 14:59 - Dead man found in Dita
- 20/12/2012 14:58 - PNoy signs EO creating Transition Commission to craft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- 15/12/2012 12:51 - 28 industry practitioners attend assessor’s course
- 15/12/2012 12:50 - Police arrests man with gun
- 15/12/2012 12:47 - RDC IX convenes for 142nd meeting