Saturday, 12 January 2013 11:54
An alleged coconut wine gatherer was found dead hanging inside their rented room at Barangay Lapakan, this city, last Wednesday.
Inspector Pederico Lindo Jr. of Sangali Police Station told Zamboanga Today that the victim, identified as Norly Boy Apolinario, 21, single and a resident of the same barangay, was depressed and believe that he committed suicide.
Lindo said the victim send a text message to his live-in partner stating his reason why he allegedly took his own life.
Probers said the victim was recovered hanging inside the room with a rope looped around his neck.
Initial investigation conducted by the police showed that at about 7:15 p.m. of Wednesday, Barangay Chairman of Lapakan Celino Santiago sought assistance from the police station that a local constituent of Lapakan committed suicide.
Police added that the victim was already depressed on the information he received from a motorcycle dealer that the vehicle he applied for instalment will be sequestered for failure to pay his obligation religiously.
The police, together with a government doctor, conducted the post mortem examination. No trace of possible foul-play was established in the incident.
The cadaver now lies at their residence for proper burial.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 19/02/2013 14:25 - Sarangani energy assured by 2015
- 19/02/2013 14:11 - CAO urges pedicab drivers to follow city ordinance
- 18/02/2013 14:24 - Region 7 retains crown in PRISAA national games ‘13
- 18/02/2013 14:21 - Ex-Rep. Villar to continue legislative work in the Senate
- 16/01/2013 13:34 - Cafgu shot, hurt in Sangali
- 08/01/2013 14:13 - Cong. Beng Climaco leads inauguration, turn-over rites of WMSU covered court
- 08/01/2013 14:08 - WMSU stude wins in Rizal Quiz
- 20/12/2012 14:59 - Dead man found in Dita
- 20/12/2012 14:58 - PNoy signs EO creating Transition Commission to craft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- 15/12/2012 12:51 - 28 industry practitioners attend assessor’s course