Monday, 18 February 2013 14:24
Central Visayas (Region VII) successfully defended its title retention bid in the recently concluded Private Schools Athletic Association (PRISAA) National Collegiate Games held in Lingayen, Pangasinan from February 10 to 16, 2013.
From the start of the weeklong national collegiate games, Central Visayas almost dominated the games from day one up to the last day of the games to lead the over-all medal tally with 77 gold, 50 silver and 29 bronze followed closely by Region IV-A with 68 gold, 30 silver and 49 bronze.
Region 7 topped athletics, badminton, beach volleyball, boxing, dance sport, karatedo, swimming, table tennis, taekwondo, and tennis.
The top 10 regions in the official medal standing include Region VI in the 3rd place folllowed by Region XI, CAR, Region I, Region XII, Region V, Region VIII , Region III and Region IX is in the 13th place among the 17 participating regions in the country.
Next year’s 17th PRISAA National Collegiate Games will be held in Tagum, Davao Del Norte.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 03/03/2013 00:00 - Myra inducts ARGOE new set of officers
- 03/03/2013 00:00 - WMSU moves to accredit programs
- 25/02/2013 16:59 - CMZ acquires new Laparoscopic, Tranesphageal Echogram Probe
- 19/02/2013 14:25 - Sarangani energy assured by 2015
- 19/02/2013 14:11 - CAO urges pedicab drivers to follow city ordinance
- 18/02/2013 14:21 - Ex-Rep. Villar to continue legislative work in the Senate
- 16/01/2013 13:34 - Cafgu shot, hurt in Sangali
- 12/01/2013 11:54 - Man kills self
- 08/01/2013 14:13 - Cong. Beng Climaco leads inauguration, turn-over rites of WMSU covered court
- 08/01/2013 14:08 - WMSU stude wins in Rizal Quiz