Monday, 25 February 2013 16:59
The Ciudad Medical Zamboanga (CMZ) has a new laparoscopic instrument
set and a Tranesphageal Echogram Probe to better serve the
Zamboangueños and the Zamboanga Peninsula, an official announced.
CMZ Adult Cardiologist, Echocardiographer Dr. Kristine H. Bantala,
said the Tranesphageal Echogram Probe is used for patients who are
suspected to having coronary artery disease.
"A probe will be inserted inside the mouth of the patient to see the
heart more clearly," Bantala said.
Aside from this, the hospital has also acquired a laparoscopic
instrument set for the hospital’s Operating Room.
CMZ President and CEO Dr. Joven Monsanto said during an interview that
“This is one of the major innovations in general surgery it is also
called minimally invasive surgery.”
He explained that before, in cases of gallbladder stone or
appendectomy, the abdomen must really be sliced open but with this new
equipment, a small opening will only be needed to insert the probe
with camera and while the surgeon operates he will be viewing a
monitor where the parts to be operated is clearer, well illuminated,
and can be magnified.
The doctor will target and will only open a small area leaving only
little wound. With this new equipment this will be less discomfort for
the patient and more convenient. The hospital also has trained
physicians to use these new equipments.
Tranesphageal Echogram Probe is worth P2 Million while the
laparoscopic instrument set cost 3 to 4 Million.
Dr. Monsanto assured the public that the prices for the use of these
equipments will be cheaper compared to other hospitals.
The commitment of the CMZ is to provide modern state of the art
equipments in order to improve treatment outcome for the patients.
CMZ is one of the modern hospitals Zamboanga City has with its modern
and complete facilities.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 07/03/2013 13:20 - NSO worker stabbed dead
- 05/03/2013 14:28 - DOLE Secretary orders to strengthen One-Stop Shop Processing Center
- 05/03/2013 14:27 - World celebrates Glaucoma Week March 10 to 16
- 03/03/2013 00:00 - Myra inducts ARGOE new set of officers
- 03/03/2013 00:00 - WMSU moves to accredit programs
- 19/02/2013 14:25 - Sarangani energy assured by 2015
- 19/02/2013 14:11 - CAO urges pedicab drivers to follow city ordinance
- 18/02/2013 14:24 - Region 7 retains crown in PRISAA national games ‘13
- 18/02/2013 14:21 - Ex-Rep. Villar to continue legislative work in the Senate
- 16/01/2013 13:34 - Cafgu shot, hurt in Sangali