Thursday, 21 October 2010 11:52
More than 150 youth leader-delegates representing all sectors (in-school, out-of-school, working, with special needs) and the 17 regions of the country and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) members are expected to participate in the grandest youth event of the year-the 8th National Youth Parliament (NYP) at the Almont Hotel’s Inland Resort, Butuan City
Of the 150 youth coming nationwide, five (5) in-school and working youth from Zamboanga City were selected and will be joining in the 8th NYP set on November 05-08, 2010.
With the theme, KABATAANG PILIPINO: AKO ANG PAGBABAGO, the NYP hopes to convene youth leaders for the formulation of policy recommendations that will address youth issues and serves as the government’s guide in policy formulation and program development.
The event is being spearheaded by the National Youth Commission (NYC) which remains faithful to its mandate thru the NYP which promotes and protects the physical, moral, spiritual, intellectual, and social well-being of the youth to the end that the youth realizes its potential for improving quality of life.
“This biennial event is a gathering of the best and the brightest young people in the country ready to make a difference.” said Vangie Olandag of the National Youth Commission-Zamboanga Area office.
For the past 14 years since its inception in 1996, the NYP has been successful in engaging the youth in the policy-making process through a parliament.
According to Commissioner Steve Laurence Arquiza, NYC’s Commissioner-at-Large and Chairman of the National Organizing Committee for the 8th NYP, more than 150 youth leader-delegates representing all sectors members are expected to participate in the event.
He said that aside from the parliamentary sessions, there will be an election for the 8th NYP Officials. The elected officials will undergo further advocacy training program under the NYC. (Jocelyn P. Alvarez-PIA ZC)
- 22/10/2010 12:46 - Friend or foe to get due process under Aquino administration – Palace
- 21/10/2010 11:59 - AboitizPower powers Daneco
- 21/10/2010 11:58 - WB more optimistic on RP economic growth
- 21/10/2010 11:57 - NATO official: Bin Laden living comfortably in Pakistan
- 21/10/2010 11:54 - RP to exceed 2010 GDP goal - NEDA
- 20/10/2010 13:44 - Dave Bancal: A story of hope and survival
- 19/10/2010 12:58 - DOJ chief says bank officials criminally liable if found violating NIRC provisions
- 19/10/2010 12:57 - Legislator outlines wide-ranging protection for women under the law
- 19/10/2010 12:55 - ADB sees higher GDP for RP over two decades
- 18/10/2010 13:04 - 100 Days After, vulnerable sectors urge P-Noy to act on climate change