Sunday, 03 March 2013 00:00
Councilor Myra Paz Valderrosa Abubakar of District 1 has inducted the new set of officers of the Association of Retired Government Officials and Employees (ARGOE) last February 16 at Gemrae, Gov. Ramos, Barangay Sta. Maria.
Inducted were Letti J. Plagata - president; Zon Fernando - vice president; Lydz Julian - secretary; Baby O. Gonzales - assistant secretary; Cely Arevalo - treasurer; Rose Legados, assistant treasurer; Vita Jairal, auditor; Linda Carbonel - PIO; and Nitz A. Gonzales - business manager.
According to Abubakar, most of those who attended the Valentine program and induction of officers were retired teachers.
“In spite they are already retired, I’m thanking them because they have contributed a lot to what has become of Zamboanga City. They should not give up there is more to life than just being retired,” she said.
There are around 300 members of the group composed of retired government officials and employees in this city.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 11/03/2013 13:36 - PRC invites public to join Summer Safety Institute
- 07/03/2013 13:25 - Nuno lauds creation of human milk bank
- 07/03/2013 13:20 - NSO worker stabbed dead
- 05/03/2013 14:28 - DOLE Secretary orders to strengthen One-Stop Shop Processing Center
- 05/03/2013 14:27 - World celebrates Glaucoma Week March 10 to 16
- 03/03/2013 00:00 - WMSU moves to accredit programs
- 25/02/2013 16:59 - CMZ acquires new Laparoscopic, Tranesphageal Echogram Probe
- 19/02/2013 14:25 - Sarangani energy assured by 2015
- 19/02/2013 14:11 - CAO urges pedicab drivers to follow city ordinance
- 18/02/2013 14:24 - Region 7 retains crown in PRISAA national games ‘13