Monday, 18 March 2013 14:06
The Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary Brother Armin Luistro has asked school heads to work on a school master plan so that the new buildings inside the schools will be harmonized with the existing buildings.
“We are now looking at the whole campus nationwide. I’m asking that the school principals to review the design as well as work on a master plan," Luistro said in an interview.
“Before, we're dependent on donors. Minsan saan gusto ng donor magpatayo ng building doon na lang. Sabi ko, hindi pwedeng ganito dapat bawat principal meron ng naka drawing saan dapat naka lay ang building at saka anong design kasi kung hindi tayo gagawa ng ganon magiging chopsuey yung itsura ng mga building. Ang hinihingi ko sa mga principals ngayon pag planuhan ng husto kahit wala pang pera para pag nagka pera at least alam natin saan ilalagay yung bagong buildings,” the DepEd cabinet secretary added.
According to Luistro with the master plan, space in the schools will be maximized. “Sometimes, we just build wherever there is an extra space. What we need is to do is draw the map of the school. With this we will already determine where we will build in the next 10 years and what kind of designs.”
Luistro revealed his instruction during a turnover of school buildings at Lunzuran Elementary School and Catalina Vda. De Jalon Memorial School last week.
On the decorations and paintings in school, he urged principals to make their respective school buildings cleaner, simpler, and elegant.
“In the past DepEd has a program to decorate. I notice, sometimes, we spend too much time on the decoration outside and if it is not well planned it becomes cluttered. This coming year, I’m talking with the principals superintendent if you want those designs maybe it could be inside the classroom outside it will look better if the school buildings are cleaner simpler and more elegant.”
Most of the time, schools paints their walls with several designs to include cartoon characters to attract school children. In this City, there are 171 public Elementary Schools and 34 public High Schools.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 19/03/2013 13:02 - ERC sets the Universal Charge for NPC’s Stranded Contract Costs
- 19/03/2013 13:01 - Let’s get Zamboanga moving, Erbie rallies Rotarians
- 19/03/2013 13:00 - Recodo murder victim identified
- 19/03/2013 12:59 - Lobregat: "I’m the least prepared candidate"
- 19/03/2013 12:57 - Pagdilao calls to fight crimes in the country
- 11/03/2013 13:40 - Tugbungan residents confident on JDC
- 11/03/2013 13:36 - PRC invites public to join Summer Safety Institute
- 07/03/2013 13:25 - Nuno lauds creation of human milk bank
- 07/03/2013 13:20 - NSO worker stabbed dead
- 05/03/2013 14:28 - DOLE Secretary orders to strengthen One-Stop Shop Processing Center